Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those That Serve A Later Breakfast...
SunflowerMama 04:57 AM 03-09-2011
Sorry for all the food related threads recently but just trying to get my schedule and plan all ironed out.

My dcks start arriving at 7a and the last one gets here by 8:30a. Up until now I was just serving breakfast to each as they arrived. Made for a long breakfast period and because the first arrives at 7a the meals weren't as filling as I could potentially make them. Then we would have a mid morning snack at 9:30a.

I'm thinking about pushing breakfast to 8:30a and then eliminating my morning snack. I would make the breafast more hearty and it should definitely carry them to lunch which is at 11:30a.

For those that serve a later breakfast what do you tell the parents of the kids that come early? Give them a little snack in the car?

I'm just worried about them being too hungry to make it to 8:30a.
daysofelijah 05:04 AM 03-09-2011
I serve breakfast at 8:30, because my kids usually sleep until 8-8:30. The dckids all have some little snack (toast, baggie of cereal, pop tart ) on the way to my house. They need to be done with it before they get to my house though. No bringing in snacks.

I do not do AM snack since we are eating breakfast 8:30 to 9, then lunch is 11:30-12 so no need for an AM snack.
blueclouds29 05:30 AM 03-09-2011
i do the same thing, we have breakfast at 8:30-845am. I've been serving a very light snack at 1015-1030. Should i not serve a am snack? Maybe that's why they haven't been eating lunch as well! hmmmmm this is making sense now..
countrymom 05:34 AM 03-09-2011
we eat at 8-830am, small snack around 1030am and lunch at noon. For my morning snack, its pretty light, but I found that they need it because they start complaining that they are hungry.
nannyde 05:37 AM 03-09-2011
All of my kids eat breakast before they come. We make like Hobbits and do second breakfast once everyone is here. No a.m. snack. It ruins lunch.

I have breakfast ready for them in advance so it's a pretty quick deal. Grains/fruit hot cereal and milk. It only takes a few minutes to do breakfast. They gobble the fruited hot cereal in a few minutes.

Stick to your rib breakfast and no a.m. snack works best for us.
SunflowerMama 05:53 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
All of my kids eat breakast before they come. We make like Hobbits and do second breakfast once everyone is here. No a.m. snack. It ruins lunch.

I have breakfast ready for them in advance so it's a pretty quick deal. Grains/fruit hot cereal and milk. It only takes a few minutes to do breakfast. They gobble the fruited hot cereal in a few minutes.

Stick to your rib breakfast and no a.m. snack works best for us.
What time do you do breakfast and then lunch?
Tags:breakfast, breakfast - late
Reply Up