Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Soooo Bummed!
Lilbutterflie 06:16 AM 04-30-2011
I have wanted a Chrysler Town and Country/Dodge Grand Caravan for a few years now. Sliding doors, multiple dvd screens, stow n go seating, and storage for days are just some of the things I've loved about this van.

I finally convinced my husband to make the purchase. In a thread a while back a member stated 3 carseats would fit in the 3rd row. I brought the 3 carseats (boosters for 4 & 5 yr olds I currently watch) to make sure they fit. They do NOT fit! Not even close! The middle seat has only 12.5" between buckles, and the whole 3rd row is only 49" wide. And if I ever needed an infant seat to fit back there with Latch; it is installed b/w two of the seats so it makes the 3rd row a two seater. UGH! I am sooo incredible bummed that I have to give this up!

I know we've had discussions about daycare friendly vehicles before; but does any out there own a minivan/van and have 3 boosters in the third row? I don't want another SUV. The gas prices are sky rocketing and the last thing I need right now is another gas guzzler. I just want a minivan that will fit 3 boosters in the back!
AfterSchoolMom 06:39 AM 04-30-2011
What kind of boosters? 3 of the backless ones will fit in the 3rd row of my Honda Odyssey.
3kidzmama 07:04 AM 04-30-2011
I have three backless boosters in the back row of my Toyota Sienna
momofboys 07:12 AM 04-30-2011
I have a 2005 Kia Sedona & although it has 3 seatbelts in the back seat I can't do 3 seat there b/c one of the belts is only a lap belt & I am reluctant to use it. I can see why you are bummed.
Zoe 07:34 AM 04-30-2011
I think it really depends on the type of seats you have. I have a 2002 Town and Country and I can fit three seats in the back. It's a very tight squeeze though. I have two backless boosters on both sides with a toddler high back seat in the middle. I definitely could NOT fit an infant seat in there. Could you try different seats?
Lilbutterflie 07:47 AM 04-30-2011
The ladies that have the Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey; would you mind telling me how wide your 3rd row seat is? I think I need something at 50-51" across to make it work. Also, what boosters do you have back there? Is the buckle accessible to the child so they can buckle it themselves?

All 3 of my current daycare children have high back boosters, but my DD is in a backless booster so I tried doing 2 of the high back, and 1 backless in the middle. The problem is the belt in the middle is completely behind her! It is way too difficult to get her belted in, and then I'm concerned about her safety because the buckle is behind her. The high back boosters I have are Evenflo, the backless I have is Graco.
Abigail 07:51 AM 04-30-2011
The easier way, if possible, would be to use three backless boosters. We have a driver for our kids and we use three backless boosters in the backseat and they all have about 2 inches between each seat easily. I would have no way to measure this van though because it's not ours.
safechner 08:29 AM 04-30-2011
I understand your frustration. If it were me, I wouldn't buy a van because the gas pricey will kill it. I know for sure there will be $5 dollars per gallon around in the summer. It is likely you will pay more than $100 from empty to full tank and plus your car payments. If you can afford then go for it.

Check it out: http://autos.yahoo.com/news/gas-pric...0-fill-up.html.

Sorry I don't have any experience about Van.
Tags:car, transportation, van
Reply Up