Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Breakfast at 10AM?
Meeko 09:10 AM 07-18-2011
Mom just dropped off her three kids.
AFTER Mom leaves, the four year old says "Mommy said to tell you we haven't had breakfast yet"

It's 10AM!!! I told them snack was moments away and to tell Mommy they didn't get breakfast here either because she was late.

I'm gonna make sure the poor things get plenty of snack...but geeesh!!!!

Mom was all dolled up to the nines...so she had time for THAT.
daycare 09:15 AM 07-18-2011
gggeeeerr I can't stand when parents do that.. I have strict rules about meal times as I am on the food program and my food lady is strict. The parents know that if they are not here by 8:30am, that they will need to feed their kids before arriving. I don't do two shifts for eating...

when parents do that it makes you wonde what else they go without.........so sad.
cheerfuldom 09:26 AM 07-18-2011
sad. make sure mom knows she can't have kids communicating for her and you don't offer breakfast after a certain time.
dEHmom 09:28 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
sad. make sure mom knows she can't have kids communicating for her and you don't offer breakfast after a certain time.
I agree, but saying "certain time" will then be example : breakfast is 730-8am, if they show up at 759 they figure it's still breakfast time.

my rule is if they are not here by 730, they will not get breakfast. i serve it all at the same time. Parents all make sure they are here before that time.
cheerfuldom 09:30 AM 07-18-2011
yeah thats what I meant....that the OP needs to give that "certain time" to the mom.
Meeko 09:31 AM 07-18-2011
It's in my handbook that I do not serve breakfast after 8:30. She just thought she could get away with it by having the kids tell me.
Unregistered 10:54 AM 07-18-2011
That bugs me to, on the food program if its after 9 its considered am snack. I have a little boy who never has breakfast at home. I guess some parents just dont think its a priority.
laundrymom 11:32 AM 07-18-2011
We eat at 730 am. If you aren't here you lose out. Lunch is at 11.
Hunni Bee 05:01 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
That bugs me to, on the food program if its after 9 its considered am snack. I have a little boy who never has breakfast at home. I guess some parents just dont think its a priority.
If our food program walks in between breakfast cutoff (8:30) and lunch start-up (11:30), and finds anyone eating their food, we will get a violation on the spot, unless its like 8:45 and someone's still finishing up. Which means we could find some of our food to give them...but to avoid the crap...we just cutoff at 8:30. In fact, we don't allow arrivals after 9:30 at all...so it kinda cuts down on that.
Tags:breakfast, breakfast - late, parents - irresponsible
Reply Up