Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Speaking Of Vistaprint.... Help Me Pick A Design!
Crazy8 06:18 PM 09-03-2011
I think I mentioned on here that I was trying to come up with a logo for my daycare, even tried to have someone on etsy do it but I just wasn't liking anything so I've decided to skip using one altogether. I am using a particular font for my daycare name (its one that puts little stars/diamonds over the letters) and just carry that over into anything that has the name for advertising to make it recognizable. BUT since I'm ordering business cards from vistaprint I thought maybe instead of just uploading a plain one with my name in that font I would use one of their designs or their logo maker. I just can't decide which one.

Daycare name is "Little Diamonds" obviously. Would you do any of these or should I just create a plain one myself and forget all this fancy, matchy stuff.

I tend to use the blue/green/yellow combo in most things so you can see most of these kind of follow that color scheme.
Meeko 06:29 PM 09-03-2011
I like 5 and 6 best!
pappyny 06:39 PM 09-03-2011
I like 6 best, but I'm kind of partial because I have the same one
Danielle 06:42 PM 09-03-2011
I like number 6 but I also like number 1 since it seems to go with your name.
Crazy8 07:47 PM 09-03-2011
Originally Posted by Danielle:
I like number 6 but I also like number 1 since it seems to go with your name.
yes, I created #1 using their logo creator thing. The shape is similar to the little diamonds over the letters in the font I've been using but you can't use that font in vistaprint so I'd have to use one of their basic fonts.

I've been leaning towards #6 myself, but was afraid it was too busy and it really doesn't have anything to do with "diamonds", you know? VistaPrint has soooo many cute things in that pattern though - even t-shirts!
blessedmess8 08:00 PM 09-03-2011
I like 3 and 6, although the diamonds are a cute idea! I LOVE vista print!! I buy shirts from there to wear during the days so my regular clothes don't get slimed with various things! You know! Lol
Crazy8 08:13 AM 09-05-2011
Ok, I'm trying to decide between #1 and #6 now. Two TOTALLY different designs I know.

The reason I like #1 is because it sort of matches the parismatch bright font that I have been using (the little diamonds on top of the letters are that same shape) BUT I can't use that font thru vistaprint (I can use the same font without the diamonds on top - vista calls is parisian).

I like #6 on its own - but it has nothing to do with "diamonds" and I wouldn't be able to incorporate it into any of my stuff that isn't done thru vistaprint (like my forms, newsletters, etc.).

trying to attach what I've been using just a font w/o a little logo....
Attached: DaycareText2.jpg (30.0 KB) 
Candyland 10:22 AM 09-05-2011
I absolutely love Vista Print!!
I'm partial to #1 because of your name and #6 because it's just too darn cute!
Let us know which one you end up with.
I know that VistaPrint was offering their brochures(25) free this summer. You'd love using them to explain your day care procedures, etc...
Kaddidle Care 10:38 AM 09-05-2011
That's a cool site - if you type in "gems" there's one that has diamonds in it - unfortunately the background is black. Not a really kid friendly color.

I like the last one - it's sweet and makes me smile.

Now you've got me thinking maybe we should make some too. Many things they send out have photos of the Church on it - but it's a weird photo - like it's been pushed and pulled a bit and it looks sort of like the Adam's Family version of a Church. Send us your children... Muwaahaaahaaahaa!
Abigail 06:30 PM 09-05-2011
Something as simple as number one you could just make yourself they're really simple! I like most of them, but I agree it's hard to decide because you want them to match everything else.
Crazy8 12:32 PM 09-06-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Something as simple as number one you could just make yourself they're really simple! I like most of them, but I agree it's hard to decide because you want them to match everything else.
I know, I've come up with similar ones on my own, but I'd probably order from vistaprint anyway even with my own design.

I like #6 because its cute but I don't feel its a representation of my business name... shouldn't it be???
melissa ann 09:38 AM 09-07-2011
this is what I use for business card. Got it from vista
Attached: gallerypreviewCAUQUD3P.jpg (16.3 KB) 
Crazy8 09:51 AM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
this is what I use for business card. Got it from vista
I've seen that one used by a few providers locally, so I purposely stayed away from that one.

I think #6 is the winner - just haven't hit the "order" button yet.
DaisyMamma 12:22 PM 09-07-2011
#3 for sure!!! you want people to THINK CHILDCARE when they see the picture.
CaliMom 01:57 PM 09-07-2011
I am using #6 and it's really cute. You'll love it!
Tags:vistaprint
Reply Up