Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help! We're All Getting Sick! What Do We Do?!
Christina72684 06:01 AM 09-18-2011
It started with my assistant, and them my mom who is the co-owner, and now me! We all have sore throats, runny noses, coughs, etc. I've heard that one of our DCBs is getting it too.

What do you do to help prevent the spreading of colds at your DC? Is there any hope, or are we all going to get it?!
sharlan 07:02 AM 09-18-2011
I spray EVERYTHING down with Lysol at the first hint of something going around. Be sure to spray everything that you touch - door knobs, light switches, door handles (fridge, dishwasher, toilet, etc), telephones. Don't tell my daughter, but I even give the computer keyboards a very light spritz of alcohol.

Also make sure everyone washes their hands with soap and water, not just a quick rinse under the faucet.
Danielle 07:26 AM 09-18-2011
Lots of cleaning and hand washing like sharlan said. My family also gets vit C and elderberry during cold season to help prevent colds and the elderberry is upped at the first sign of a cold.
Christina72684 10:59 AM 09-18-2011
Do you water down the Lysol first? We were told to use Bleach here, but I don't like using it and was wanting to change to something else.
sharlan 11:10 AM 09-18-2011
I use Lysol spray. Many don't care for the odor, but I don't mind it.
laundrymom 01:01 PM 09-18-2011
I begin at the floors and work my way up. It may not help but I steam the carpets, mop the floors, wash all bedding, I change pillow cases daily, remotes, carkeys, steering wheel, dash, door handles, coffee pot handle, stove knobs, door knobs, wiped down with alcohol and gauze or Lysol wipes. I swap out toothbrushes weekly, push lemon tea w honey I air out the house, wash hands even more than normal. I use a hand sanitized periodically after washing them. I clean clean clean.
Christina72684 01:11 PM 09-18-2011
Does anyone ever use hand sanitizer on kids?
Tags:cold, sick
Reply Up