Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Charging Maternity Leave
blueclouds29 10:56 AM 01-16-2012
I'm just curious what does your contracts say about you as the provider having a maternity leave and do you charge? Becuase i'm treating as vacation, i don't charge if MY family is on vacation. So i'm taking 3 weeks off for my maternity leave and not charging. Do you charge?
Ariana 11:36 AM 01-16-2012
I don't have a maternity leave clause in my contract because it's not my "plan" to get pregnant! haha BUT if it were to happen I would take an unpaid leave of absence I think. Maybe just a few weeks.
blueclouds29 11:39 AM 01-16-2012
LOL that is true.. honetly i don't have maternity leave in my contract just vacation days. I don't charge for OUR vacations. I guess materntity leave would be your 'vacation'.
Danielle 11:41 AM 01-16-2012
I didn't charge for my maternity leave. This time I only took 1 week off (ended up being a week and a half b/c of the day dd ended up being born on). But I don't have fulltimers. I only have 2 dck on Tues/Thurs...my Mon/Weds/Fri dck is on vacation until the end of the month.
wdmmom 12:01 PM 01-16-2012
I have a clause in my contract for "Extended Leave of Absence".

This includes Maternity Leave and Summer leave for teachers children.

If DCP requests a leave of absence for more than 2 consecutive weeks, they may drop down to part time status and the child can attend up to 2 full days each week. After 6 weeks of part time status, full time tuition is required.

If the provider is looking to take time off, I wouldn't charge.
cheerfuldom 06:15 PM 01-16-2012
I took my paid vacation when my last child was born but it was a very short maternity leave. I was back to full time work within 2 weeks.
littlemissmuffet 08:48 PM 01-16-2012
Two weeks unpdaid maternity leave. But I would also use my two weeks paid vacation if I needed to.
Tags:maternity leave, maternity leave - fees
Reply Up