Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination - Now What?
Ariana 04:29 PM 06-02-2012
I termed a 2 yr old DCG that was causing some major disruptions for our daycare. I had to call the mom to come pick her up last Tuesday as she was tantrumming in my entryway for an hour and refused to come down to the play area. Mom came and I told her that I would be giving her her 3 weeks notice. The mom seemed shocked (understandably) and that evening I wrote a nice e-mail termination letter thanking them for their business and that it was a difficult decision blah blah blah....

The mom wrote me back and thanked me for the email, mentioned they thought it was sudden and that they'd let me know if they planned to bring DCG back for the 3 weeks. I haven't heard from them since then. I've been very sick with morning sickness and to be honest it's been the last thing on my mind and I really don't want her to come back because she causes me so much stress (which I don't need right now).

Should I write them back and ask them about the 3 weeks or leave it in their court? I really don't want to leave on bad terms but I also don't need this drama!!
cheerfuldom 04:34 PM 06-02-2012
you need to know their plan asap!
littlemissmuffet 11:08 PM 06-02-2012
Are you counting on the income? If not, in this particular situation I would just let it go and hope they don't come back.
Mom&Provider 05:16 AM 06-03-2012
I guess emailing them depends on what you have in your contract and if you plan to uphold them to it!?

To me it sounds like you're just wanting to wash your hands of it, so I would leave it along and move on!
Ariana 05:25 PM 06-03-2012
Yes in a way I am wanting to wash my hands of it and move on but I feel so bad because they are good people. I just never bonded with this child at all and she made daily life for us really tough. I really don't want her to come back for 2 weeks so in a way I feel that if I don't say anything they won't either?

As for my contract we do have an agreement for 3 weeks. In the term letter I told them how much $$ they owed for those 3 weeks "should they choose to use it". This was my way of making it an option for them and an easy out for me. They basically told me that they would keep her home that week and let me know about the remaining two....which is where we're at now, and I haven't heard from them.

I do still have their diapers and wipes though!! ugh
littlemissmuffet 07:58 PM 06-03-2012
Well they said they would let you know... so just wait it out. You'll know soon enough. Just stash the dipes and wipes in a closet if they come back for those last 2 weeks!
Tags:termination - behavioral
Reply Up