Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Word This Re: Contracted Hours??
Crazy8 08:59 AM 04-23-2013
I run on contracted hours and will have people contract for 7am (my earliest) when they start and they will maybe come at 7am for the first few weeks and then they must realize they don't need that much time to get to work and they start coming at 7:15 for a while, then next thing you know its 7:30, etc. Then one day out of the blue after months of coming at 7:30 they show up at 7am. I am sick of it and want to put something in my contract that your contracted time will change if you continuously come at a different time. Just can't figure out how to word it.

I already have to contact me if you won't be arriving by your scheduled time but they seem to get used to the "new" time - I know its my fault for not addressing it sooner but now I want something bold right under their contracted hours that states their contracted hours will change based on the time they "usually" come.

Any ideas on good wording for this type of thing??
Blackcat31 09:02 AM 04-23-2013
If at any time you have 3 or more incidences of early or late arrivals within a 30 day period, your contracted times will be revisited and a new contract and rate will be drawn up if necessary.

Something like that work?
Starburst 09:11 AM 04-23-2013
If a pattern of more than 3-5 late or early arrivals and departures steadily continue within any 30 day period (excluding pre-discussed temporary changes); a review and revisal of current contract times may be necessary.
Cradle2crayons 09:30 AM 04-23-2013
Yes that's what I do too... I make them sign a new contract.
daycarediva 09:30 AM 04-23-2013
Mine says something like: In any 30 day period, if the drop off and/or pick up time has varied by more than 15 minutes outside of contracted hours without advance notice, the provider has the right to change your contracted hours to reflect the actual drop off and/or pick up times. The provider will notify you in writing when such a change has been made.
Crazy8 09:42 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Mine says something like: In any 30 day period, if the drop off and/or pick up time has varied by more than 15 minutes outside of contracted hours without advance notice, the provider has the right to change your contracted hours to reflect the actual drop off and/or pick up times. The provider will notify you in writing when such a change has been made.
this is perfect, thank you!!! All of the above are great, but this seems to really convey that "do it and your time automatically changes" that I want to get across.
TheGoodLife 01:05 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
this is perfect, thank you!!! All of the above are great, but this seems to really convey that "do it and your time automatically changes" that I want to get across.
I have the same problem! My new (temporary) family has been her at 7:20 the last two mornings, and since I am opening early (supposed to be at 7) just for them, I am not happy I am giving it one more day then I will tell her that I will need to change the time to 7:15 if she needs it. I am not getting up early just to sit around!
mamac 02:37 PM 04-23-2013
And just when I thought there was nothing else I could possibly add to my handbook...

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If at any time you have 3 or more incidences of early or late arrivals within a 30 day period, your contracted times will be revisited and a new contract and rate will be drawn up if necessary.

Something like that work?
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

I guess I will never be finished writing my policies with this forum!
HomeMADE 02:52 PM 04-23-2013
I would totally be asking them if they still need the 7am drop off time. Let them respond to it.

I know from experience that keeping a open line of communication is really best. Face to face conversation not just updating your contract/handbook. The clients could be totally oblivious that they are annoying you. I know from experience that just putting things in writing can create hurt feelings.
Play Care 03:07 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by HomeMADE:
I would totally be asking them if they still need the 7am drop off time. Let them respond to it.

I know from experience that keeping a open line of communication is really best. Face to face conversation not just updating your contract/handbook. The clients could be totally oblivious that they are annoying you. I know from experience that just putting things in writing can create hurt feelings.

MarinaVanessa 03:38 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by HomeMADE:

After the 3rd or so time of them arriving late I would also just directly ask them if they needed the early drop off time still.

ME: Hi DCP, so I was noticing that you've come later than your normal 7am drop-off lately and I just wanted to make sure that you still needed me that early. I get up based on your arrival time and although maybe you don't see 10 or 15 minutes to be a big difference I'd love to be able to stay in bed for that time. Did you need to adjust your contracted time to a little bit later?

Then if they wanted to keep coming early I'd stress that if they aren't going to be here on time that they have to let me know before they are late.

Personally I only do this for the clients that start at 7:30 or earlier (I technically open at 7am) because I usually only have one client scheduled for that early. After 7:30 am I'm already up so I don't mind if they are late after that.
Crazy8 11:44 AM 05-29-2013
had to bump this as I'm finally updating my contract and needed that wording again.

Oh, and I did mention it to the offender at the time, it is easier to talk about in person, but knew I'd be updating my contract soon so wanted something that got the point across without being super wordy!
Cradle2crayons 12:29 PM 05-29-2013
Full Time Contract
Name of child(ren): _______________

Care for above named child(ren) is by contract only and all changes must be made in writing with advance notice of two weeks prior to change. Care is extended beginning at ___________am and ending at _________pm in the following days of the week:________________

There will be a late fee of _________ for every 15 minutes after the above agreed pickup and will be due at the time of pickup for each and every late pickup.

Payment is due on the first day of care of the week. If payment is not made on the first day of care for the week, you will be refused service. No exceptions.

Payment is due regardless of attendance. No exceptions. No refunds will be given due to illness or the holidays described in the parent handbook.

Signature of parent or guardian
Provider signature
Date

I have a separate termination policy agreement and I make them initial after each paragraph
TheGoodLife 12:46 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Full Time Contract
Name of child(ren): _______________

Care for above named child(ren) is by contract only and all changes must be made in writing with advance notice of two weeks prior to change. Care is extended beginning at ___________am and ending at _________pm in the following days of the week:________________

There will be a late fee of _________ for every 15 minutes after the above agreed pickup and will be due at the time of pickup for each and every late pickup.

Payment is due on the first day of care of the week. If payment is not made on the first day of care for the week, you will be refused service. No exceptions.

Payment is due regardless of attendance. No exceptions. No refunds will be given due to illness or the holidays described in the parent handbook.

Signature of parent or guardian
Provider signature
Date

I have a separate termination policy agreement and I make them initial after each paragraph
I am going to have to change mine- I like this a lot. Thanks
Cradle2crayons 12:49 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
I am going to have to change mine- I like this a lot. Thanks
Your very welcome
Tags:contracted hours
Reply Up