Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Electronic payment options available for home childcares
spedmommy4 04:38 PM 06-05-2015
I currently offer childcare pay (through) minute menu, but many parents have experienced difficulty with the online payment system. I would like to offer another option.

One parent asked to directly pay my bank account from hers, but I don't feel comfortable handing over my account number. Anyone use an epay system that is user friendly and reasonably priced?
Puddleduck 05:04 PM 06-05-2015
I'm not sure about in the US, but in Canada you can do e-transfers from one bank account to another simply by using the person's e-mail address. No account details are shared at all. All my parents pay me this way and we all love it. I would think this should be possible in the US since you guys are usually ahead of us in terms of this type of technology.
gameofthrones 08:47 PM 06-05-2015
Im in the US and my brother put money in my chase account using my email address.
Luvnmykidz 05:44 PM 06-06-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I currently offer childcare pay (through) minute menu, but many parents have experienced difficulty with the online payment system. I would like to offer another option.

One parent asked to directly pay my bank account from hers, but I don't feel comfortable handing over my account number. Anyone use an epay system that is user friendly and reasonably priced?
Certain banks have ways thatone can be transferred using email addresses or phone numbers. Some of my parents pay this way. Through Wells Fargo it's called WF Sure pay (I believe ).
Just out of curiosity what issues have families experienced with childcarepay. I have a few families that have used that as well, and only one family bounced a payment through it and complained that it was the system and not their bank.
spedmommy4 06:47 PM 06-06-2015
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Certain banks have ways thatone can be transferred using email addresses or phone numbers. Some of my parents pay this way. Through Wells Fargo it's called WF Sure pay (I believe ).
Just out of curiosity what issues have families experienced with childcarepay. I have a few families that have used that as well, and only one family bounced a payment through it and complained that it was the system and not their bank.
Several have mentioned difficulty with log in. I'm not sure what the issue is there. One payment recently came back as a non transaction account. Parent didn't seem to know why and brought in the payment before I even knew there was a problem. (This parent pays way in advance so I don't think it was a money issue)
Indoorvoice 05:42 AM 06-07-2015
I just came in to say that one of my parents uses PayPal because they didn't want to use any bank information and wanted to use a pre-paid debit card instead. I hate it! It takes forever to get paid. The rest of my families use childcarepay and I haven't had a problem yet.
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 06-07-2015
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
My parents pay this way too...

My bank is Affinity Plus Credit Union. I provide parents with my member # (NOT my account number) and they are able to transfer money without accessing ANYTHING to do with my account.

The transfer is immediate and the money is available to me the minute they hit "transfer".
Crazy8 09:09 AM 06-07-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My parents pay this way too...

My bank is Affinity Plus Credit Union. I provide parents with my member # (NOT my account number) and they are able to transfer money without accessing ANYTHING to do with my account.

The transfer is immediate and the money is available to me the minute they hit "transfer".
I'll have to see if Bank of America has something like this. I have all my parents still pay by cash or checks because almost all the other options delay the money getting to me. I get checks on Thursday, mobile deposit immediately w/my phone and can withdraw it Friday morning.
Tags:electronic payments
Reply Up