Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night i finally got all of my things together for my taxes. After hours and hours of finding reciepts, logging etc. That sucked lol! Now, today, I'm starting right now to keep up to date with all of that, so I just have to tally the last figures and send it to my tax preparere. So I have 3 months to catch up on, but then I'm doing it weekly. I use the book Forms, Facts and Figures. It records everything, expense, income, etc. What categories to you all use and what items do you combine for example, when my taxes are done she puts my water, electricity/gas bill together under utilities. I used to write them separate in my book, but now I'll combine them.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

utilities
repairs
supplies
meals/food
activity expenses
insurance/licensing expenses
mileage/car
office expenses-advertising, ink, website, etc.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

YAYYYYY!!!

I did the same thing. I started in the middle of last year but I still learned my lesson. I just caught up on my hours worked this morning for this year.

We can do it!!
Old 04-06-2018, 01:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

Do you do a listing for cleaning, paper products (tp, paper towels etc) separately and then do a t/s% of it? If you do, what do you average a year on that?

Tags
taxes