Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas On How To Get My Kids Home!
Springdaze 12:31 PM 09-22-2011
I am looking for ideas on how I can find someone to bring my kids home for me. I have 3 dcks and cant get any more because even the ones I have dont fit in my car with my own. I am afraid to ask the hen club that stands outside the school because I asked in previous years and they actually took a step back and didnt answer! anyway, if anyone has an idea, that would be great!!!!!!!
mismatchedsocks 12:33 PM 09-22-2011
Is there an after school program? Is there someone who lives nea you who are not like those parents on playground who has a child at the school? Put an ad on craigslist, maybe a stay at home mom will respond. Good luck!
Blackcat31 12:34 PM 09-22-2011
Do you know a neighborhood teen or college student that you trust that perhaps you could hire as a driver?

I am assuming you mean getting your own children home from school due to the fact you are unable because of daycare obligations?
Kaddidle Care 12:45 PM 09-22-2011
There's no bus?
Meyou 12:48 PM 09-22-2011
I'm stuck walking with all mine twice a day. It sucks but we're getting lots of exercise. 3km roundtrip each time.
MamaBear 12:53 PM 09-22-2011
I walk with mine twice a day too... My daycare kids go in the wagon. There is another daycare lady near me who provides ONLY transportation to & from schools - not childcare - and I've used her before for my older son. Maybe you can find someone who does that too. We live too close to the school for a bus to transport for me. You have to live farther than 2 miles from the school. So stupid I think. At least we get our work out with the walks I guess.
Mom&Provider 12:59 PM 09-22-2011
I walk with mine too. I'm worried about winter and how bad it might get some days (I'm in Canada)...sooo...I walk for now...and hope that I can meet someone in the area to help me out!
Springdaze 01:13 PM 09-22-2011
I guess Ill have to suck it up and ask around. we live too close for the bus, its gonna snow eventually and aftercare closes before I would be able to pick up! doing daycare was supposed to make having kids easier!!!!!!
Mom&Provider 02:02 PM 09-22-2011
I say the same thing to myself...suck it up and deal! We are also too close for the bus...and I even called the school to ask if they knew anyone who did car pooling...they didn't. I could do after school care at my sons school, but then why pay someone else to watch MY kids, when that's what I do for a living!?
familyschoolcare 04:02 PM 09-22-2011
Advertise for a not the usual nanny position be willing to pay by the day and enough to make it worth a college students efforts.
heyhun77 06:45 AM 09-23-2011
Some of the schools here have a walking "bus" that the parents organize. The kids walk together and just join the group when it gets to their house and the parents take turns leading the group. If you have a PTA or PTO maybe bring it up. I'm willing to bet there are others in the same boat because of younger siblings that once it gets colder they won't want to bundle the littles up just to walk or even drive to school every day.
Springdaze 08:33 AM 09-23-2011
Im gonna try the PTO.. I would hate to find out after that all I had to do was ask! yea, and aftercare wants 450 a month for both and they close the same time i do.
melissa ann 09:17 AM 09-23-2011
I take all the kids to my daughter's bus stop. About a block and 1/2. And 3 days a week, my son goes to preschool and that 's another 2 blocks. Two of the dcks are 4 and the other 2 1/2. I had the one 4 yr since she was 1 and her brother since he was 5 weeks so they know the drill. My dd went to the same preschool 2 yrs ago, so the boy was was only a few months when we had to go out to preschool in rain, snow, wind,cold,etc. It's not a big deal to me.
TBird 09:49 AM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by chellenj:
I am afraid to ask the hen club that stands outside the school because I asked in previous years and they actually took a step back and didnt answer!
"The Hen Club"....so true! I don't even bother with them.

In past years my daughter needed a ride to dance. We live pretty far from there so it's not like we could car pool. Anyway, I put an ad on Craigslist for a "grandma type" who wanted to earn a few extra dollars a week. I'd pay mileage and then add a few dollars for safety and walking her in. It worked out GREAT and we're still friends with the lady.

Right now she plays sports so I switch off with my cousin & another friend that plays sports with her. I have enough room in my van to pick up but the DCK's get picked up during those hours so stuck again! Oh well...we do what we gotta do and work it out, don't we???
Tags:after school program, provider - own child, transportation
Reply Up