Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frequent BM "Accidents"
anothermom 03:53 PM 11-11-2011
I have a 2 year old dcg who has been potty trained for 4 months- no accidents. She recently welcomed a new baby brother and has since been having frequent BM accidents. In 20 years of caring for children, this is new for me- having a child regress after being trained for a number of months. It's not pee, but poop and I am feeling really uncomfortable with having a child in undies and keeping poop contained. She has 2- 3 accidents a week and today she had a rather loose accident and clean up was near impossible. I don't want to set her further back in this regression (don't want to have her start peeing in her pants as well, and kind of worried that putting her in pull-ups could do this? But keeping a sanitary environment is becoming an issue and at this point needs to be a higher priority, my feeling. Mom and Dad don't seem to be thinking of me/my home/time to clean up child and the just plain icky factor. How would you handle? Pull-ups? Until when? Plastic pants? (still gross and hard to get plastic and undies off with a messy BM!) Go back to charging a toddler/unpotty trained rate? Until when? I would love to hear your thoughts- would be a great help to me!!
nannyde 04:28 PM 11-11-2011
NEVER discount for potty trained. It's HARDER to deal with a potty trained kid then a kid in diapers.

Put her back into pull ups or diapers and don't allow undies till she is two full weeks at YOUR house accident free.

Give the parents the option to provide pull ups or sign an agreement that they will pay for a professional cleaning service to come on an emergency basis to come sanitize whatever cloth or carpet that has been exposed to her stool. Have them agree with you on what company will come and get an estimate from the company. Have them sign the estimate and agree to pay THAT day for an immediate cleaning.

They will choose the pull ups.

It's not personal. The expense of cleaning the stool accidents has to go onto them before they will see the value of having her in something that protects your stuff.

When you are telling them now that this is happening the only thing they loose is the few minutes of discussing it with you. It costs them a bit of time and some words. It costs you a LOT of time and work. Replacing the items she soils is going to cost even more.

So it is valuable to you because you pay and not valuable to them because it is free. Take the free out of it for them and they will value it right away.
Danielle 04:42 PM 11-11-2011
Maybe suggest to the parents to get trainers like this: http://www.diaperjunction.com/flip-p...ining-kit.html

They have snaps on the sides so clean up after a bm accident would be just like a diaper. The cloth and the fact that they pull up and down hopefully would be close enough to underwear that it won't effect the regression. And the cover will prevent a mess.
KEG123 10:08 AM 11-12-2011
Cloth diaper trainers would be a good option. Fuzzibunz has some too. They snap on the side so if she has an accident they are easy to get off. Or they can pull down. Same concept of pullups, but washable.
Tags:potty trained
Reply Up