Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ride On And Push Toys For Grassy Area
Oneluckymom 11:07 AM 09-21-2012
I wanted some tips on things that work well for the 2-3 year olds. I wanted to use these on the grassy area of our lawn. I have a few now but they have small wheels and are difficult
To move around for the little ones.
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 09-21-2012
I have these. They go great in grass and other non-paved areas
Sugar Magnolia 11:31 AM 09-21-2012
I have "Cappy" by Step 2. Looks like a smiling green "worm" wearing a red cap. We have mulch and he even rolls through that. Tough as nails, my now 17 year old son played with him, then my youngest son, now Cappy is in his 6th year of daycare and still going strong after 16 years of use.
cheerfuldom 11:35 AM 09-21-2012
nicer quality baby strollers are fun in the grass. little play push mowers or wheel barrows.
Oneluckymom 12:30 PM 09-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have these. They go great in grass and other non-paved areas
How much do these cost?
Blackcat31 12:59 PM 09-21-2012
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
How much do these cost?
I paid $60 each for them from our local farm type store (Like a Mills Fleet Farm) I am sure you can find them all over on-line too.

I know that might seem a bit spendy but honestly I think they are worth it and they really do last.
MissAnn 03:55 PM 09-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I paid $60 each for them from our local farm type store (Like a Mills Fleet Farm) I am sure you can find them all over on-line too.

I know that might seem a bit spendy but honestly I think they are worth it and they really do last.
I like that they peddle.....I am so tired of cozy coupes.

My friend buys scooters.....but I think they are for older kids.
Abigail 05:39 PM 09-21-2012
Are you looking for push toys or ride ons or both? My 2-3 (which are all my oldest group, lol) LOVE LOVE LOVE boys and girl the lawnmowers and shopping carts! I buy everything second hand about $10 or less each! CL or online and rummage sales or thrift shops. I also have a few plastic big-wheel bikes with a place for a baby doll to ride facing backwards and the wheels don't move so they're fun for young 2 and older, but they still like push toys more. I hope next year we have money to pour some cement around the deck so the kids can "ride" the trikes that have been in the garage all summer, lol.
Reply Up