Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lower rates in North Dallas Texas area??
safechner 12:51 PM 10-02-2014
I am planning to reopen my daycare this month and I am working on my new program and new contract. I went to Craigslist AD and I noticed they are offering too much lower price like $65 to $100. I am not sure if they are trying to get lower price or they need money so badly, I dont know. I cannot offer much lower than that. I will be charging $160 per child in my area (North Dallas area). What is your price? I hope I am not doing wrong here. I usually charge $150 per child but I raise $10 more per child per week that I haven't raise the price for years before my son was born.
Thriftylady 02:33 PM 10-02-2014
I wouldn't completely base it on craigslist. The ads you are seeing may be just SAHM's who want a child or two. That said, I can't charge more than $100 here, and that is to high to a lot of people. But it really has to do with the local economy and then supply and demand falls into place. Don't shortchange yourself.
DaveA 03:07 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I wouldn't completely base it on craigslist. The ads you are seeing may be just SAHM's who want a child or two. That said, I can't charge more than $100 here, and that is to high to a lot of people. But it really has to do with the local economy and then supply and demand falls into place. Don't shortchange yourself.
+1 on taking Craigslist ads with a shaker full of salt. If you need local help on pricing, you can check with a local R&R agency. I wouldn't worry too much about what others are charging. Yours don't sound outrageous. Just set your price as you see fit and go from there.
Sunchimes 03:44 PM 10-02-2014
I'm about 75 miles from you. I'm getting $100, but I have been lucky. I got all of mine through word-of-mouth. I've gotten a reputation as a good place for kids with special needs.
safechner 07:50 AM 10-03-2014
Thank you all of your advice, ladies!! :-)
Reply Up