Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What did you get your DCKS for Christmas this year?
Soccermom 09:00 AM 12-13-2013
I always try to get something that works for all ages and stages because I like the DCKS to all get the same gift (It makes it easier)

This year I got them all a mug that says - My babysitter loves me. I put a package of hot chocolate in it, a little bag of marshmallows that says snowman poop on it and a few mini candy canes.

What did everyone else do for gifts?
butterfly 09:10 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
I always try to get something that works for all ages and stages because I like the DCKS to all get the same gift (It makes it easier)

This year I got them all a mug that says - My babysitter loves me. I put a package of hot chocolate in it, a little bag of marshmallows that says snowman poop on it and a few mini candy canes.

That's a cute idea! I got them a christmas book ($1 scholastic book) and a little stuffed animal (purchased last year after christmas on clearance). I also made them a photo book similar to 'Brown bear, brown bear what do you see?" but using their photos and names.
Maria2013 09:12 AM 12-13-2013
I don't give anything to the kids for Christmas (I do B-Days) and I'm planing on giving the parents some kind of eatable arrangement
frugalmama4 09:23 AM 12-13-2013
Ages: 18mo-4yr (story book with teddy bear Mickey Mouse/Hello Kitty), Pajama set that match the book & teddy and the Veggie tales dvd 9God Loves you very much) my daycare kiddos loves veggie tales!

*I shopped black Friday this year and got good deals, also the family dollar had all their toys by one get on 50% off (so the prayer bears I got for 2.50 each when I brought my own kids gifts.

Ages: newborn-12 (night time teddy bear that says the "Now I lay me down to sleep prayer" pajama set (first x-mas) and first xmas ornament

I love going all out for my kiddos!!

Parents will get a goodie bag of candy and a gift certificate (have it decided free date night or $$$ off tuition yet).
MamaBearCanada 09:25 AM 12-13-2013
Right now I only have 2 (plus my own 2)

I got one the Leapfrog Letter Factory Phonics and the other the Little People Stable and Animal set.
BumbleBee 09:26 AM 12-13-2013
Dcp are all getting the same thing. Gift card to restaurant. (Gosh I love multipack gift cards!)

Dck are each getting a gift geared towards their interest.

itunes gift card
2 are getting specific books
2 are getting puzzles
Necklace
Instrument of some kind

I think that covers it. Now I just need to get my act together & wrap it all up!
hope 09:37 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by Soccermom:

That's a great idea! I have one super sensitive dcm that would take offense. It would have to say I love my mommy. Lol!
I bought the 2 and 3 year Olds all craft stuff like crayons, construction paper, paint, markers and put in a bookbag. Gave the babies under 2 Christmas pjs.
TwinKristi 09:42 AM 12-13-2013
I got DCB and his sister who comes here occasionally but are leaving the 20th small gifts even though I wasn't going to. I got him a Barefoot Books story about a boy with the same name so I thought he'd like that. I got sister a pink fleece ballerina scarf, she does dance so it's fitting for her.
I got the other DCB a Shape-O-Toy from Tupperware. He has some delays and I thought that would be great for his developing skills! I sell Tupperware too so it was an easy choice for him.
Haven't decided on mom gifts. Thinking of a mug with KCups for one mom and I'm not sure on the other yet. She's young and hip... A small Starbucks GC would probably be fitting.
Sugar Magnolia 09:44 AM 12-13-2013
Hugs and smiles and "I love you"'s......free, easy to wrap, always appreciated.
AnneCordelia 09:45 AM 12-13-2013
I got the 15mo craola magic paper and small chubby markers. $6 on sale.
I got the toddler boys little tyke chunky cars. $8 each at 1/2 off.
I got the two preschool girls a 8 pack of Play Dough. $8 each at 1/2 off.
I love shopping sales!
DaycareMom 09:45 AM 12-13-2013
Wow! Great ideas ... and now I feel bad that I didn't do as much... lol

I got 1 yo dck sippy cup to keep here and all other kids slippers (also to keep here) and coloring book and crayons to bring home.

For the parents I made a photo collage on snapfish and got a frame from the dollar store. I will also give them a candle and some baked goodies!
Blackcat31 09:47 AM 12-13-2013
I gave them a week off of daycare.

Plenty of time to spend with mom and dad.
julie 09:48 AM 12-13-2013
I'm closing this year at Christmas...so I got a bit more.

All the kids are getting a fleece no sew tie blanket with geared to their interests
Christmas book with an inscription.
VERY small stocking with one chocolate, sticker book and koolaid playdoh/cookie cutter

The parents are getting:
Photobook of their child's time here from me
Depending on what days their kids come, an assortment of handmade ornaments, a Santa cookie plate, and a painted picture frame.
SilverSabre25 09:49 AM 12-13-2013
Birthdays and Christmas it's always the same--I give them books Often brand new, great titles they might not get otherwise. This year it *might* just be from Half Price.
snbauser 09:49 AM 12-13-2013
I borrowed someone idea from here and did a set for each kid. They will either get the "If you give a mouse a cookie..." book and a set of Christmas cookies cutters and bag of sugar cookie mix or they will get "If you give a moose a muffin.." and get a muffin tin and a bag of muffin mix. I have a set of siblings so I did both so they won't get the exact same thing. I might also put some Christmas candy in there or a coloring book but not sure.
TwinKristi 09:55 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by snbauser:
I borrowed someone idea from here and did a set for each kid. They will either get the "If you give a mouse a cookie..." book and a set of Christmas cookies cutters and bag of sugar cookie mix or they will get "If you give a moose a muffin.." and get a muffin tin and a bag of muffin mix. I have a set of siblings so I did both so they won't get the exact same thing. I might also put some Christmas candy in there or a coloring book but not sure.
That's super cute!!! I may copy that idea in the future!!
Leanna 10:00 AM 12-13-2013
Usually I do one gift for each child ($5-$10 each). This year I decided to fill a stocking with a few small gifts for each kid. They include Hotwheels, play dough, Tadoodle markers, stickers, nail polish, small toys, crayons, nice Gerber underwear (for my two that will start potty training after the holidays), bathtub tints, hair doodads, etc. etc.

I love the "If You Give a Mouse/Moose a Cookie/Muffin" idea... may steal that for next year!
snbauser 10:08 AM 12-13-2013
Oh and I don't do parent gifts. Instead I host a spaghetti dinner for the families. This years is tonight. I tell them it is my gift to them during this crazy holiday season. It's always a Friday night and they don't worry about picking up kids on time. Instead they will just show up at 5:30 and we will eat sometime between 5:30 and 6. It is a chance for them to sit and relax and meet/talk to the other parents and a night where they don't need to rush home from work and worry about dinner. I take care of the kids with their food and an activity while the parents eat.
countrymom 10:17 AM 12-13-2013
nothing yet. I will be shopping this weekend.
AcornMama 10:22 AM 12-13-2013
Mine are getting a Dr. Seuss book (The Foot Book) because that's been the most requested and enjoyed book we've read together. And because Barnes and Noble has Dr. Seuss books for buy 2, get the 3rd free.

I may add a sweet treat of some sort to it, but I may not. And I'll probably bake something for parents, because I make homemade goodies for the neighbors anyway, so it's not a lot of extra work.
Lianne 10:25 AM 12-13-2013
Mine are getting a board book with the Jingle Bells song/story and a sock monkey that a fellow daycare provider makes.
Soccermom 10:54 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Cute!! What a great idea
MotherNature 10:59 AM 12-13-2013
Picked them up some hand sewn fair trade stuffed animals made by HIV+ people in Africa. Our church does an alternative Christmas sale/Advent festival thing. We have Global Gifts & local artisans come out, we sell donated trinkets, knickknacks, jewelry, etc to benefit the Green team at church, set up free craft stations to make stuff like soup mixes and cocoa cones. Then lots of chili and stuff..Free to the public. So, one kid is getting an elephant, and one is getting a giraffe. They're adorable. Gotta get a couple little stockings from Dollar Tree to put them in and maybe a little snack..though one is an infant, so something she can eat like little organic puff snacks..
Josiegirl 11:05 AM 12-13-2013
Loving so many of your awesome ideas! Too late for this year but will definitely keep it in my favorites for next year!
I got each child a book and something that they enjoy playing with. For instance, my 19 mo I got a tea party set and a First Tea Party book. Another one I bought an Ice Cream set and Mo Willems book Should I Share My Ice Cream. Another will be getting a My Little Pony set plus MLP book. Another is getting a big Princess floor puzzle and a princess geared book.

One year I did the tied fleece blankets and gave them each a book to go with it. They loved them!
Denise 05:55 PM 01-13-2014
For online deals keep an eye on www.fatwallet.com or www.slickdeals.com. I pick up most of my holiday gifts for family, friends, nieces and nephews from one of these sites. Sometimes you can hit extremely fantastic deals. I start early in the year and check each day so I can get some of the best deals. For instance, I was able to purchase my teenage daughter a sterling silver and diamond chip diamond cut necklace (originally priced well over $150) for only $49.99 from Zales online. She loved it. I was also able to purchase a Cuisinart Fajita outdoor Grill pan with wood tray (originally $50) for only $9.99. Everyone in the family grills so I purchased multiples.
Reply Up