Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Craft Idea for Toddlers
Heidi 11:45 AM 11-09-2011
I normally don't do canned art, but I would like each child to make something for their parents for christmas. Something the parents could actually hang on the wall.

4 children are from one family, so there will be 4 of whatever it is comming home.

I thought of doing paintings with golfballs (dip in paint, roll around in a box with the paper in it). Then I could control the colors a little (so they coordinate), and buying cheap black frames.

Any cooler ideas?
kathiemarie 12:01 PM 11-09-2011
I buy cheap wood frames from Micheals, about $1. I have the kids paint them and then I get the crayola play dough stuff and have the kids do hand prints and then put them in the frame. It very cute and as the kids get older the frame get prettier. Its a great way to save handprints too.
Christian Mother 12:10 PM 11-09-2011
Last yr I went to CVS and did one of those little black scrap books of each child. It only cost under $20 to do 5 books. Each time I pick up a prescription I get a coupon for $2 off. So I use them to pick them up a book. In the photo department there is a place you can select scrapbooks and I put my camera card in there and select the pictures for each child. It set it up completely for me. Everyone loved it and it makes a wonderful present for the families they can look at each yr!! This yr I am going to Michale's with my 40% coupon and buying each of my kids a portfolio. They have a lot of diff. ones and I'd like to give one to the parents to keep all the hand and footprint art work in them. We do a lot of that kind of stuff. Next yr each month we will be making a section for a calendar we will be making to give to the parents for xmas. It will consist of only hand and footprint art dedicated just for that month.
Tags:christmas crafts, christmas crafts - toddlers, craft ideas - toddlers
Reply Up