Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Speaking of Over Using Medications....
cheerfuldom 12:16 PM 05-11-2012
One family I have had for almost 3 years. About 2 years ago (if I remember right), I found out DCM was Tylenol or Motrin dosing baby every day before daycare. She seemed to think this was a cure all for everything under the sun and thought she was helping me by doing this. As soon as I found out, I quickly talked to her and told her it was not at all necessary and she did stop. I believe her when she did tell me she stopped as I have not found her to be dishonest in any way. I really think that in her mind, Tylenol is just like giving a kid warm milk before bedtime or something.....very safe and cannot be overused. Anyway, fast forward to yesterday when she tells me that she had taken so much Ibubrofen (no idea if that is spelled right) that she has developed an ulcer! I hope she finally learns that this sort of usage is completely over the top. BTW, she slightly hurt her back and shoulder doing P90X or whatever its called and it was not a huge injury or anything crazy (she told me that herself when it happened). She just takes a lot of Advil/Aspirin and those type of things as even preventive measures in case she gets a headache or something later....
Breezy 12:19 PM 05-11-2012
I dated a guy in high school from Pakistan. His family thought Tylenol was a cure all for EVERYTHING under the sun. Hiccups? Tylenol. Stomach ache? Tylenol.
cheerfuldom 12:21 PM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
I dated a guy in high school from Pakistan. His family thought Tylenol was a cure all for EVERYTHING under the sun. Hiccups? Tylenol. Stomach ache? Tylenol.
kind of like the Windex dad on My Big Fat Greek Wedding....squirt, squirt!
E Daycare 04:39 PM 05-11-2012
Ahhh what's wrong with a little medication huh? I carry around my capped coffee mug I got from a dcp for christmas like Im drinking "coffee". It's capped for a reason

Jk jk. It's actually coffee. Most days though I wish it was medication. VERY STRONG medication. The kind where I think I see Sawyer in the corner of the living room with no shirt on.
MissK 05:00 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Ahhh what's wrong with a little medication huh? I carry around my capped coffee mug I got from a dcp for christmas like Im drinking "coffee". It's capped for a reason

Jk jk. It's actually coffee. Most days though I wish it was medication. VERY STRONG medication. The kind where I think I see Sawyer in the corner of the living room with no shirt on.
My in-laws stopped by this morning and we were having some coffee. Well I love the international delights creamer so I went to put some in and my husband made the smart comment that I mix vodka with my creamer to get through the day. I got to thinking that was a good idea.. lol
Reply Up