Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>not signing forms
melissa ann 04:53 PM 06-26-2009
A few weeks again I handed out my new policy handbook, along with an agreement form and a child's record form. My rates are increasing by $1/day but I'm now having a 3 day min. rate. Now, I wrote a letter saying that due to increases in my expenses I had to make a tough decision on this, along with a few other changes. I also stated that I need the materials returned by June 26, signed, to continue childcare. I have not received anything back. I also said that if not signing, childcare could continue until the new rates go into effect, Aug 10. I have given 2 child record forms to the mom of 2 kids. The one is 3 months and I have given her the 2 forms while she was on maternity leave. She got a transfer to a different restaurant, and I have no idea what the phone number is for the new one. The mom says she loves the crafts that we do, the kids love coming here. (I also watch her nephew) But yet, they never fill out the forms that I hand out.
I also wanted to hand them a form on a record of child's immunizations because the boy (who is adopted by his grandfather, the dad of the mom from above) hasn't been to the doctor's in quite some time and I know he's not current on his vaccines. Since, I am not licensed, am I allowed to ask for this? This boy will start kindergarted in 2 yrs and he will have to have these done before entering school.
Chickenhauler 01:55 AM 06-27-2009
I think you're definitely within your rights to demand that proof of vaccination be supplied, not only within your rights, but protecting yourself liability wise. Think "Kid A gets sick because Kid B wasn't vaccinated".

I'd put it bluntly, and give them another set of the forms, saying "I HAVE to have these filled out and returned when the children return, or no care".

I do, however think you made a mistake by mentioning the "if not signing, childcare could continue until the new rates go into effect, Aug 10". Some people always look for an out or an excuse.

You're within your rights as a private business owner to require that they do the hokey pokey upon crossing your threshold, as a private business owner, you can lay down whatever requirements you see fit, licensed or not. It's their choice to abide by your rules, and suffer the consequences of not doing so.
amie 04:50 AM 07-03-2009
You have every right to ask for all and any forms to be filled out and vaccination records should be provided from the parents, this is your business and you have to protect yourself and your other children
Reply Up