Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4th of July Songs, Books, Movies, etc
Christina72684 10:23 AM 06-24-2014
I find that 4th of July is a little difficult when coming up with stuff. It's either the American Flag or fireworks. Do you have any special songs you sing, books you read, movies/TV shows the kids watch, etc? I've been doing themes 2 weeks at a time lately and we finished up Zoo animals last week so this week and next I wanted to do 4th of July stuff before doing Farm animals 2 weeks in July during the local 4H fair. Any tips would be much appreciated
KayB 11:54 AM 06-24-2014
This is the reason that we take summer off to just play. So I don't have to come up with anything for that. It is so hard to do curriculum here in the summer since the families are in and out with vacations and going to stay at grandparents and stuff. So in the summer I save my ideas for the "school year"
nothingwithoutjoy 04:05 PM 06-24-2014
My daughter LOVES 4th of July, so I've been "pinning" some things for her, including some books that look good (though I haven't read them). Check it out here.
Country Kids 04:36 PM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
My daughter LOVES 4th of July, so I've been "pinning" some things for her, including some books that look good (though I haven't read them). Check it out here.
Do you mind if I follow you?
nothingwithoutjoy 04:47 PM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Do you mind if I follow you?
Sure! I've got three zillion things pinned; I find it's a great way to organize things I want to remember.
Christina72684 05:25 AM 06-25-2014
Thanks! Here's my pinterest page with stuff too!

http://www.pinterest.com/bigsprouts/
nothingwithoutjoy 01:45 PM 06-25-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
Thanks! Here's my pinterest page with stuff too!

http://www.pinterest.com/bigsprouts/
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Tags:4th of july, book suggestions
Reply Up