Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Teacher gifts
daycarediva 09:57 AM 12-16-2014
I have a LOT of teachers/paraprofessionals that I would like to give a little something to.

DD has 6 teachers
DS has 1 teacher, 1:1 aide, 1 bus driver and 1 bus helper, plus 1 OT, 1 ST, 1 PT and 1 counselor (special needs)
DS has 1 teacher, 1 aide
DS has 1 teacher, 1 aide, 1 therapist, 1 instructor

For $100, I can get everyone $5 starbucks gift cards and was thinking I could put them in a Starbucks cup with a tag that says 'Thanks a latte for all you do'

Cheezy? Too cheap? Ugh. I need it all done Friday, too!
Unregistered 10:38 AM 12-16-2014
I think that is adorable! How thoughtful of you to include everyone. I wanted to do something similar for the secondary teachers, who stand on the sidewalk in the cold, windy rain/snow and put the car riders in the car with a friendly smile and patiently explain EVERY SINGLE DAY how the car rider line works. LOL!
Play Care 10:43 AM 12-16-2014
That sounds like a very nice gift!
FullHouse 10:46 AM 12-16-2014
I have four kids and it would end up being like 25 gifts by the time all is said and done. I used to get calendars and put a note on it...."Thanks for the time you put in, here's some back."

Now I buy a slew of pocket hand sanitizers from Bath and body Works. They can run for about a dollar apiece. I usually buy enough that I have a bunch leftover to give off to people I may have forgotten about.

We ribbon two dift scents together with a poem on a tag. I figure its not a mug or a candle....Ha!
LovetheSun 12:51 PM 12-16-2014
I think is cute! And a gift card for a latte is something everyone would use so is ideal

I am giving a gift card for a nice pastry shop close by our daycare to each families (just enough for the kids to get a treat).
sahm1225 01:15 PM 12-16-2014
My kids each have 2 teachers. I'm getting them $10 dunkin donuts and a pair of gloves. The two aides that help at recess are getting $5 dunkin donuts.

My youngest dd has a st, dt, and pt. I didn't then think of getting them anything! I think I might have dd color a card for them
And a $5 dunkin donuts gift card.
Meyou 02:09 AM 12-17-2014
I bake. They always have 3 packs of little holiday boxes at my dollar store that are meant to hold 4 cupcakes. I bake a variety of treats and hand them out as needed. Teachers, mail lady, friends, neighbors, daycare parents and anyone else I think of. Between school teachers and extra curricular coaches and teachers there are so many people!

Everyone loves treats! In fact, I have inquiries asking if I'm baking again this year starting the first of December. I had a friend over yesterday and she saw some boxes done up and asked if one was for her. Haha!

I did get dd's two classroom teachers a Body Shoppe gift box this year too. They were a great deal online and I picked some up when I got some stocking stuffers for my girls.

I love the gift card and mug idea!
daycarediva 03:36 AM 12-17-2014
I wish I baked!! I can't even bake those break apart cookies without burning them.

I'm going to run with the gift card idea, thanks for all of your feedback!
Reply Up