Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Big Pooper ;-)
mountainside13 01:26 PM 10-05-2016
2 year old dcg has always been a big pooper, usually 4 times a day. The last 2.5 weeks she's been going every 30-60 minutes and I'm not exaggerating, I started keeping track of her diaper changes on Monday. She's not sick and it's a normal consistency every time. Is that normal? I've been a provider for almost 8 years and I can't recall anything similar. She's pooping the same amount at home.
Baby Beluga 01:38 PM 10-05-2016
Wow! I have no advice, but that is a lot of poo. What does mom say about the change?
Mike 01:56 PM 10-05-2016
Have they recently changed her diet?
mountainside13 02:00 PM 10-05-2016
Diet hasn't changed here, mom says everything is the same at home. Mom doesn't seem concerned yet with the frequency.
Indoorvoice 02:10 PM 10-05-2016
No advice, but I have a super pooper here too. It's exhausting. And she's potty trained but still needs help with all the steps. I don't know if I could do it with a super pooper in diapers. Yikes.
Play Care 02:15 PM 10-05-2016
My super pooper is no longer here, thank goodness.

4 times a day and once was always as he was getting picked up. Good times.

(sorry, this wasn't helpful )
mountainside13 02:52 PM 10-05-2016
It is exhausting!! Plus always having to stop activities or go inside because she needs changed again. It's not her fault but it's tiring.
Play Care 05:16 PM 10-05-2016
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
It is exhausting!! Plus always having to stop activities or go inside because she needs changed again. It's not her fault but it's tiring.
I know last year when I was having issues someone here suggested bringing diapering supplies outside (pad, diapers, wipes, plastic bag, hand sanitizer, etc) It never got to that point, but that might be an option.
childcaremom 02:17 AM 10-06-2016
I have a little one, 15 mos, who is like this. As I get to know her more, I can start to see a pattern and have planned for these times a little better by having her changing supplies sprinkled throughout the areas where we will be. That way we can carry on with our day and it doesn't interrupt the flow too much.

The little one I have has some medical issues. One day, though, she went 8 times! I am considering, if that happened again, to put a cap on the amount of dirty diapers here and sending home after x amount. Not sure if that seems too harsh but really, 8 times? That's a lot!! Poor little thing was clearly uncomfortable.
daycarediva 09:21 AM 10-06-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I know last year when I was having issues someone here suggested bringing diapering supplies outside (pad, diapers, wipes, plastic bag, hand sanitizer, etc) It never got to that point, but that might be an option.
This is what I did! I now have a kid who HATES outside, so the second we go out, he would poop so we would go back in. Stinker! I brought everything outside today and he was giving me the stink eye the entire time we were outside (AFTER his change).

My pooper is no longer here, too. Thank goodness. 1-2x a day, sure. 10? NO. Literally once an hour or more. Always a runny consistency that if not caught FAST would be leaking out, too. I sent home COUNTLESS times. EVERY SINGLE TIME she leaked out I sent her home. I had Mom keep a log (pretty sure she lied, bc she only pooped at home on weekends?) and the pediatrician even voiced concerns over it when I FORCED them to go see the pedi. YUCK!

My room smells better now.
Reply Up