Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child Home Sick - FP
284878 02:49 PM 03-07-2019
My dd was home sick yesterday. I fed her in her room during meal times. Can I still claim her for the meals she ate on the FP?
LittleExplorers 03:11 PM 03-07-2019
I can not claim my own kids. Unless I understand it wrong and you qualify for low income/free meals at school, you can not count your own children. You would be feeding them anyway.
megoddess444 03:55 PM 03-07-2019
If you are tier 1 you can claim your own children. Or tier 2 qualifying your own family as low income.
Claim her. Even if she ate in her room, why is that the food programs business?
Meeko 05:59 PM 03-07-2019
I once had a toddler who was autistic. The only way to get any food in him was to let him walk around the room in circles while he ate. He would do this calmly. Trying to get him to sit to the table was completely impossible and met with a meltdown.. The food program were fine with it. As long as he was offered all the food was all they were concerned about.
284878 07:04 PM 03-07-2019
Yes, I am on the tier that lets me claim my own child. But I didn't know if I would get in trouble because she was home sick vs just home.
MyAngels 07:27 PM 03-07-2019
If she's normally in school, then you need to mark that she's at home. There's a place to mark either "sick" or "no school" to the right of the child's name in KidKare, assuming you're using that program to record meals. If you don't, they'll disallow the meal.
Tags:deduction - meals, provider children - illness
Reply Up