Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termed DCB's Parents 30 Minutes Late
SunshineMama 02:18 PM 05-30-2012
Tomorrow is Dcb's last day. I termed the family and they have made these last 2 weeks he//!

They are now 30 minutes late.

How bad would it be if I met them at the door with his stuff and said don't come back?
Mydaycare 02:22 PM 05-30-2012
It will be unprofessional but if I was you I'll just do it! Good luck!
daycare 02:27 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
Tomorrow is Dcb's last day. I termed the family and they have made these last 2 weeks he//!

How bad would it be if I met them at the door with his stuff and said don't come back?
Did you ever get the withdraw form I sent to your email address?

I have written in it that if you break one policy during your term period you are immediately terminated on the spot.
daycare 02:27 PM 05-30-2012
Sorry I'm on my phone.

Have you called to ask where there re at. Or text them??
snowball 02:41 PM 05-30-2012
:

I would do it. I don't think it is unprofessional at all.

I would have done it as soon as they brought him back with diarreah.
Blackcat31 02:43 PM 05-30-2012

Do you have a late fee? If so, term them and tell them the $ they paid for tomorrow's care is in lieu of the late fee so you are now even.

I would be livid if I were in your shoes. I totally agree that their behavior is directly related to the fact that you termed them.

Say goodbye today and be done with them once and for all.
SunshineMama 03:00 PM 05-30-2012
They picked him up an hour late!

No, the PHB they were under does not have a late fee- I added it.

Daycare- I did not receive the e-mail, I will check and see if it went into my spam folder.

I have an interview in 3 minutes! I only had 10 minutes to prepare

So I didn't say anything at pick up bc I didn't want to have an issue if the other interview came early, or if dcps went crazo. I know it's unprofessional but I'm so tempted to text them to not come back. Im a chicken so it's hard for me to call. Dh says to stick it out one more day and be the bigger person. I don't know what to do- I never want to see any of them ever again.
DaisyMamma 03:04 PM 05-30-2012
That totally sucks. I feel for you.
daycare 03:06 PM 05-30-2012
They picked him up an hour late!

No, the PHB they were under does not have a late fee- I added it.

Daycare- I did not receive the e-mail, I will check and see if it went into my spam folder.

I have an interview in 3 minutes! I only had 10 minutes to prepare

So I didn't say anything at pick up bc I didn't want to have an issue if the other interview came early, or if dcps went crazo. I know it's unprofessional but I'm so tempted to text them to not come back. Im a chicken so it's hard for me to call. Dh says to stick it out one more day and be the bigger person. I don't know what to do- I never want to see any of them ever again.
i say be the bigger person....you have one day left and then you are done and you don't want any more drama...

HOWEVER........I would be telling the parents that you need them to pick up on time tomorrow. Lie and say you have an appt....I would just cease all drama right now and any possibilities for it to happen.... Kill them with kindness, make a card for daycare kid and tell them you will miss DCK...

I have termed families and did just this...kill them with kindness.....NO joke, to this date every single one of them have begged to come back at one time or another... I loved it when I got to say NO way JOSE!!!!!
Heidi 03:40 PM 05-30-2012
okay...the first word that comes to mind is oddly enough NOT normally part of my vocabulary.... douchebags!

lol

My dh and I are still wondering what dcm that I termed will come up with. So far...just a bit of the cold shoulder. I'm ignoring it with
littlemissmuffet 03:50 PM 05-30-2012
UGH! Do not allow these a$$holes back into your home tomorrow - they have ZERO respect for you. I personally just wouldn't answer my door when they tried to drop off in the morning. I stop caring about professional as soon as I am disrespected.
SunshineMama 03:58 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
i say be the bigger person....you have one day left and then you are done and you don't want any more drama...

HOWEVER........I would be telling the parents that you need them to pick up on time tomorrow. Lie and say you have an appt....I would just cease all drama right now and any possibilities for it to happen.... Kill them with kindness, make a card for daycare kid and tell them you will miss DCK...

I have termed families and did just this...kill them with kindness.....NO joke, to this date every single one of them have begged to come back at one time or another... I loved it when I got to say NO way JOSE!!!!!
That's what DH is saying too. Sigh... One more day my inner voice keeps saying to cut all ties now because that's what I want, but I suppose I should make it a clean break. I don't think I can muster up a card though.
daycare 04:03 PM 05-30-2012
That's what DH is saying too. Sigh... One more day my inner voice keeps saying to cut all ties now because that's what I want, but I suppose I should make it a clean break. I don't think I can muster up a card though.
lol.....Yes go with it....be the professional and just finish out the agreed contract. You can do it...hang in there and come pick up time tomorrow!!!! Celebrate!! I'll celebrate with you....lol
SunshineMama 04:03 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
okay...the first word that comes to mind is oddly enough NOT normally part of my vocabulary.... douchebags!

lol

My dh and I are still wondering what dcm that I termed will come up with. So far...just a bit of the cold shoulder. I'm ignoring it with
Douchebags is too kind of a word

I don't understand human psychology sometimes. I provide above and beyond care, spend hours making gifts for mom and dad, bathe their diarrhea soaked kid on numerous occasions, put up with their lateness- and this is what I get!

My interview went well just now. I stressed my illness policy and new late fees. It was refreshing to see the new parents reactions- they said a sick child belongs with mom and they wouldn't even dream of bringing an ill child.
AfterSchoolMom 04:05 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
HOWEVER........I would be telling the parents that you need them to pick up on time tomorrow. Lie and say you have an appt....
I actually disagree with this. If they're TRYING to be a-holes (and it sounds like they are), then telling them this will only add fuel to the fire and they're likely to be even later tomorrow.

However, if you wanted to tell them tonight that you had an appointment come up and you won't be able to take him at all tomorrow....maybe even add in that you'd have loved to talk to them about it at pick up, but they were so late that you didn't have time...
joysjustlikehome 04:07 PM 05-30-2012
I would call them and tell them you are closing (which for them you are). That is so very, very rude of them.
Crystal 04:30 PM 05-30-2012
They are likely to arrive late for pick up again tomorrow. If they do not show up on time, I would begin calling their emergency contacts to pick the child up. If none of the emergency backups come to get him, I would call the police.....if the parents do not call you to tell you they are going to be late, if noone is able to pick the child up, then he has been abandoned in your care. If he has ONE diarrhea diaper, I would call them to pick up. If they say ANYTHING out of line, be prepared to defend yourself professionally.....do not let emotion get involved.

Call CPS.
youretooloud 04:38 PM 05-30-2012
An hour after you CLOSE? Or an hour after their contracted time?

If it was an hour after I closed, it would be time to ramp up the passive aggressive behavior.

Say "Wow... I thought I was going to have to call Children's services" Or "I thought you just didn't want him back anymore" Or "What should I do if you forget him again? I was really worried"

Make them feel like crap. It won't fix anything, but it will be fun for you.

When they drop off tomorrow, say "I know you guys forgot about him yesterday, shall I send you a text today to help you remember?" <---smile all patient, like you would at a daft person.
AmyLeigh 04:50 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
They are likely to arrive late for pick up again tomorrow. If they do not show up on time, I would begin calling their emergency contacts to pick the child up. If none of the emergency backups come to get him, I would call the police.....if the parents do not call you to tell you they are going to be late, if noone is able to pick the child up, then he has been abandoned in your care. If he has ONE diarrhea diaper, I would call them to pick up. If they say ANYTHING out of line, be prepared to defend yourself professionally.....do not let emotion get involved.

Call CPS.
The only problem I see with calling cps now is it would appear to be out of spite rather than concern. You know, like the families who report their provider to licensing after being termed. It would just throw fuel on this already out of control fire.
Crystal 04:52 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
The only problem I see with calling cps now is it would appear to be out of spite rather than concern. You know, like the families who report their provider to licensing after being termed. It would just throw fuel on this already out of control fire.
I know. Frankly, it should have been done a long time ago. But, I wouldn't care. I'd still do it (as I said in two other threads about this same family) If things have been documented, (which they have been, here) I would call and present the info I have and let CPS take it from there.
SunshineMama 05:20 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
An hour after you CLOSE? Or an hour after their contracted time?

If it was an hour after I closed, it would be time to ramp up the passive aggressive behavior.

Say "Wow... I thought I was going to have to call Children's services" Or "I thought you just didn't want him back anymore" Or "What should I do if you forget him again? I was really worried"

Make them feel like crap. It won't fix anything, but it will be fun for you.

When they drop off tomorrow, say "I know you guys forgot about him yesterday, shall I send you a text today to help you remember?" <---smile all patient, like you would at a daft person.
Both. They are my first drop off and last pick up, so I was closed and they were contractually late.
SunshineMama 05:22 PM 05-30-2012
I know. Frankly, it should have been done a long time ago. But, I wouldn't care. I'd still do it (as I said in two other threads about this same family) If things have been documented, (which they have been, here) I would call and present the info I have and let CPS take it from there.

Call CPS.
I can probably pull my history on this forum of all the times I complained about this kid as evidence.
WImom 05:54 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by snowball:
: I would do it. I don't think it is unprofessional at all.

I would have done it as soon as they brought him back with diarreah.
I would have too! They are treating very poorly right now.
wdmmom 08:03 PM 05-30-2012
I would text or email the family and tell the family that due to them being 1 hour late today, their contracted hours will be reduced by 1 hour tomorrow. Failure to pick up 1 hour early will result in ___ fee.
Crystal 08:55 PM 05-30-2012
The parents breached the contract a LONG time ago. I would have termed them a LONG time ago. You CAN term them NOW and say they cannot come tomorrow......they breached the contract again today when they were an hour late without so much as a phone call to notify the provider...........turn them away at the door, face to face, tomorrow.

Open the door, state the following and also provide them with a letter that states the same thing, only more detailed. Then shut the door and move on

" I regret the way this has turned out. It really is unfortunate. However, due to the continuous breach of contract, with the most recent offense occurring yesterday when you were an hour late picking up your child, I consider the contract broken and effective immediately I will not provide care for (child's name)."
Crystal 08:56 PM 05-30-2012
I can probably pull my history on this forum of all the times I complained about this kid as evidence.
Most definitley.
SilverSabre25 10:06 PM 05-30-2012
Sooo...since I know approximately where you are in our fair city and you know approximately where I am, as well as where they live...what's the chance these morons are gonna come knocking at my door?! I have an ad out right now...

I'm only partly kidding. You're far enough away from me that I don't think I'm in *too* much jeopardy. I hope...?

And I do hope you call CPS. I really do.
SunshineMama 04:00 AM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Sooo...since I know approximately where you are in our fair city and you know approximately where I am, as well as where they live...what's the chance these morons are gonna come knocking at my door?! I have an ad out right now...

I'm only partly kidding. You're far enough away from me that I don't think I'm in *too* much jeopardy. I hope...?

And I do hope you call CPS. I really do.
Let's just say, don't accept any 16 month old boys whose first name begins with the letter C. They actually live on the border of your neck of the woods so you probably want to keep a look out.

I have been heavily weighing the pros and cons of calling CPS because I think it is a really big deal to make that call, and am leaning toward calling them. I'm going to go back through all of my personal notes and posts and get a solid timeline of events.

On a crappy note, I woke up today and had a headache and was so sore all over that it hurts to move I got up in the middle of the night just to take a hot shower for relief. If this is the beginning of an illness that I got from this kid I am going to be so upset! Today is the last day before my family vacation starts tomorrow, and I only get one week to take this vacay so it's really important to me and my family!
mac60 04:30 AM 05-31-2012
I am a little confused, why should she call CPS because a parent was late. They (CPS) doesn't have enough time to take care of the serious issues let alone a call that a parent is late. Was there other things this mom did to warrant a call?
SunshineMama 04:47 AM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by mac60:
I am a little confused, why should she call CPS because a parent was late. They (CPS) doesn't have enough time to take care of the serious issues let alone a call that a parent is late. Was there other things this mom did to warrant a call?
Yes.

This child has had diarrhea for 3 weeks in a row and the parents are not taking him to the doctor. Aside from this 3 week episode, he has had 6 other week-long episodes of diarrhea in the past 6 months. Each time, the parents blame it on teething or food, except that other children in my care have gotten ill from this child. (There is a virusy-smell coming from this child and his little body is unable to fight whatever this illness is). The other children were over the illness in a matter of days, and this child cannot get over the illness. I have recommended a doctor's visit, stool samples, allergy testing, etc to help this child find the cause to his illness and the parents are doing nothing about it.

Aside from the diarrhea, this child was also very sick all winter long, with a different cold each week. The parents made the non-chalant comment, "We are pretty much used to him being sick all the time." He got HFM a few weeks ago and spread it all around, and the parents blamed that on teething. I demanded a dr's note before he could come back bc I knew it was HFM, and I was right.

Clearly this child has a compromised immune system and nothing is being done. No doctors or medical help is sought after, and this child is not healing. The sheer number of diseases this child has contracted in the 6 months in my care is just crazy. He was always the culprit- before he came no one was ever sick, and he was always the first one to display symptoms days before everyone else.

The late-ness yesterday was just one of the many passive aggressive things that the parents have done to me during his 2 week notice. Aside from showing up late, they have been extremely rude, they come to my home un-anounced several times, especially during nap-time, and wake up all of the children, they bring him with illnesss, knowing he is having diaper blow outs due to diarrhea, they arrive late, they have no-call no shows, etc. Their treatment to me does not warrent a CPS call, but their lack of getting their ill child medical attention probably does.
SilverSabre25 04:55 AM 05-31-2012
Let's just say, don't accept any 16 month old boys whose first name begins with the letter C. They actually live on the border of your neck of the woods so you probably want to keep a look out.

I have been heavily weighing the pros and cons of calling CPS because I think it is a really big deal to make that call, and am leaning toward calling them. I'm going to go back through all of my personal notes and posts and get a solid timeline of events.

On a crappy note, I woke up today and had a headache and was so sore all over that it hurts to move I got up in the middle of the night just to take a hot shower for relief. If this is the beginning of an illness that I got from this kid I am going to be so upset! Today is the last day before my family vacation starts tomorrow, and I only get one week to take this vacay so it's really important to me and my family!
Ha, thanks for the info :P I will keep a look out.

I really hope you won't get sick...vitamin D, vitamin D!!
DCMom 05:24 AM 05-31-2012
The parents breached the contract a LONG time ago. I would have termed them a LONG time ago. You CAN term them NOW and say they cannot come tomorrow......they breached the contract again today when they were an hour late without so much as a phone call to notify the provider...........turn them away at the door, face to face, tomorrow.

Open the door, state the following and also provide them with a letter that states the same thing, only more detailed. Then shut the door and move on

" I regret the way this has turned out. It really is unfortunate. However, due to the continuous breach of contract, with the most recent offense occurring yesterday when you were an hour late picking up your child, I consider the contract broken and effective immediately I will not provide care for (child's name)."
I have to agree with Crystal. Personally, I would have done it last night. An hour late?? Who the heck do they think they are? That would have been the absolute final straw with me. It's people like this and our inability as providers to say NO! to crap (no pun intended ) that causes burnout in this profession.
SunshineMama 05:27 AM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I have to agree with Crystal. Personally, I would have done it last night. An hour late?? Who the heck do they think they are? That would have been the absolute final straw with me. It's people like this and our inability as providers to say NO! to crap (no pun intended ) that causes burnout in this profession.
OMG so just now the mom of my sweet 4 year old boy called me and said that they were on the way here and her son started screaming in the car that his stomach hurt- they went home and he had diarrhea. She said she was keeping him home because she didnt want anyone in my family to get sick before our vacation.

I feel so awful that he is sick
MN Day Mom 05:32 AM 05-31-2012
I would agree here too! Turn them away, they have showed you zero respect and do not deserve another minute of your services

OMG so just now the mom of my sweet 4 year old boy called me and said that they were on the way here and her son started screaming in the car that his stomach hurt- they went home and he had diarrhea. She said she was keeping him home because she didnt want anyone in my family to get sick before our vacation.

I feel so awful that he is sick
Poor little man.
Heidi 05:49 AM 05-31-2012
ok...sunshine Mama!

It's the last day!!!!

Lay low....pull out some movies, drink lots of OJ, and try to chill.

When you close that door tonight, know that you are on VACATION, and when you come back, no more nasty dcp's to deal with! You can be again!

And, lesson learned for both of us...when something is rotten, term early. Don't keep trying and trying.
SunshineMama 05:51 AM 05-31-2012
ok...sunshine Mama!

It's the last day!!!!

Lay low....pull out some movies, drink lots of OJ, and try to chill.

When you close that door tonight, know that you are on VACATION, and when you come back, no more nasty dcp's to deal with! You can be again!

And, lesson learned for both of us...when something is rotten, term early. Don't keep trying and trying.
I just called his parents to get him and they argued with me and said he isnt having any problems at home.

I said, Either way, he has a loose stool and now 3 other children are sick and they have to pick him up.

They were like, Don't blame him, he probably got it from them.

Um, yeah right- he has had it for 2 weeks and on week 3 the other kids finally get it and it's from "them"

I just responded that I dont blame anyone.

Ugh- what is wrong with these people.
Heidi 06:06 AM 05-31-2012
I just called his parents to get him and they argued with me and said he isnt having any problems at home.

I said, Either way, he has a loose stool and now 3 other children are sick and they have to pick him up.

Um, yeah right- he has had it for 2 weeks and on week 3 the other kids finally get it and it's from "them"

Oh gee....on his last day? Wow!
MN Day Mom 06:19 AM 05-31-2012

Ugh. I hope they come quickly (I know probably wishful thinking) and you can finally put this family behind you.
SunshineMama 06:20 AM 05-31-2012
We are now 35 minutes past when I called them. If they are not here in 15 minutes I am going to start calling their emergency contacts.
Heidi 06:23 AM 05-31-2012
sunshine, is there anyone you can call to be there when they show up? This whole thing sounds like it could blow up.

Is there a neighbor or friend nearby that can just hang out until they're gone? You don't have to give them details. Just tell them that you feel uncomfortable and would like another adult in the house....also, please lock your door and when they come, bring their child OUT to them. Do not let them in the house.
momofboys 06:26 AM 05-31-2012
UGhhhh! So are they picking him up today? I am sorry they have given you such an awful time. I personally would not have been able to be silent when they picked up an hour late! Did they even apologize as to why they were so late? Even if I did not have late fees in place I still would have said something like you will owe me ***x for the extra hour of care. Your weekly fee only covers contracted hours. Hope they come get him soon!
SunshineMama 06:32 AM 05-31-2012
sunshine, is there anyone you can call to be there when they show up? This whole thing sounds like it could blow up.

Is there a neighbor or friend nearby that can just hang out until they're gone? You don't have to give them details. Just tell them that you feel uncomfortable and would like another adult in the house....also, please lock your door and when they come, bring their child OUT to them. Do not let them in the house.
I WISH! I have a house full of other kiddos too

Everyone I know is working, etc. I just text my grandmother and told her that I will text her after the child leaves, and if she doesnt hear something from me in an hour or so something may be wrong.
DCMom 06:35 AM 05-31-2012

I agree...sad to say, but these people are just out there. You can't predict what they are going to do. Most people would have just left when you gave them notice or shortly thereafter. Nothing against you, but speaking as a parent, who keeps their child in a situation where the relationship with the provider has so obviously broken down??

That poor child. Who knows what his next situation will be...so sad.

At the very least have the phone in your hand to dial 911 if necessary.
snowball 06:41 AM 05-31-2012

I don't mean to be harsh but you brought this on yourself. You should have termed them long ago.
Last night was another chance for you to not deal with them again, and after they treated you with so little respect, why would you think today would be any different?
SunshineMama 06:43 AM 05-31-2012
I agree...sad to say, but these people are just out there. You can't predict what they are going to do. Most people would have just left when you gave them notice or shortly thereafter. Nothing against you, but speaking as a parent, who keeps their child in a situation where the relationship with the provider has so obviously broken down??

That poor child. Who knows what his next situation will be...so sad.
It is sad I just taught my daughter how to dial 911 in the event of an emergency. I hate that I have to even think about that in a daycare situation. DCD does seem a bit unstable to me- very passive aggressive. I am also surprised that they are treating me so poorly and still bringing their child to care when he is sick. I have been taking good care of this child and they are taking advantage of me. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and the stress this family is causing me is affecting me a lot. I am losing a lot of sleep, feeling a lot of anxiety, getting headaches, etc. I just pray that it is all reversible and that my baby will be okay. I know they are probably trashing me to everyone they know.

We are now at 1 hour past the time I text them to come.
momofboys 06:47 AM 05-31-2012
It is sad I just taught my daughter how to dial 911 in the event of an emergency. I hate that I have to even think about that in a daycare situation. DCD does seem a bit unstable to me- very passive aggressive. I am also surprised that they are treating me so poorly and still bringing their child to care when he is sick. I have been taking good care of this child and they are taking advantage of me. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and the stress this family is causing me is affecting me a lot. I am losing a lot of sleep, feeling a lot of anxiety, getting headaches, etc. I just pray that it is all reversible and that my baby will be okay. I know they are probably trashing me to everyone they know.

We are now at 1 hour past the time I text them to come.
Call emergency back-ups NOW! I would also text them to say they owe you late fees for not coming within a reasonable timeframe. SOrry you have to deal with this - less stress coming your way - that's a reason to celebrate!
countrymom 07:01 AM 05-31-2012
listen lady, put on your big girl pants and start acting like a boss and take charge of the situation. You feel threatened, call the police non emergency number and ask them to come to your house, they will do it. Second, call all emergency numbers, keep calling them, even if its at work, don't text them call them. Have the child ready and waiting by the door, meet them at the door. Don't talk to them, send them on their way. You should have termed long ago, but you should have said something yesterday when they came late. Your showing them that you can easily be walked all over and treated like crap. Take charge NOW!!
SunshineMama 07:08 AM 05-31-2012
He is FINALLY gone! No issues. I handed DCD the child and his bag and said goodbye and shut the door.

To everyone who said I brought this upon myself: You are right. I was brought up in an environment where I was to always do as I was told with no questions, no matter the consequence to myself. I am learning and my backbone is growing. I have since changed my policies a lot. It was very hard for me to term this family, despite how they have been treating me because I have a problem standing up for myself. It was super hard for me to even call them to get him today. I don't know why I am still like this I have learned so much from this whole experience though and am not going to go through it again. This was the first time I have had to do all of this so I think if I have to do it again it will be easier.

Thank God he is gone!
SunnyDay 07:56 AM 05-31-2012
Thank goodness it is all over!
sharlan 08:05 AM 05-31-2012
Lesson learned, now it's time to regroup and move on.
MarinaVanessa 08:18 AM 05-31-2012
The good thing is that they didn't blow up at you during pick up. And the best thing is that at least you don't have to worry about them anymore. Too bad for the next child care provider, I hope thay get a nanny or someone that doesn't have small children so that they don't get whatever DCB has.
WImom 08:29 AM 05-31-2012
Have a great vacation - hopefully you all stay healthy. Glad this is all over for you!!
Heidi 08:55 AM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Lesson learned, now it's time to regroup and move on.

Time to count your blessings!

1. vacation
2. new baby
DaisyMamma 09:55 AM 05-31-2012
I'm sure you feel very relieved. Good for you to call dcp today. Also, not all parents will act this horrible when you term.
My3cents 10:19 AM 05-31-2012
He is FINALLY gone! No issues. I handed DCD the child and his bag and said goodbye and shut the door.

To everyone who said I brought this upon myself: You are right. I was brought up in an environment where I was to always do as I was told with no questions, no matter the consequence to myself. I am learning and my backbone is growing. I have since changed my policies a lot. It was very hard for me to term this family, despite how they have been treating me because I have a problem standing up for myself. It was super hard for me to even call them to get him today. I don't know why I am still like this I have learned so much from this whole experience though and am not going to go through it again. This was the first time I have had to do all of this so I think if I have to do it again it will be easier.

Thank God he is gone!
It takes practice to grab onto that backbone. If you have almost everyone on here backing you up.........well maybe you should go with that. It is hard, there are a lot of attachments that have to be broken. You were caring for a sick child who needed you, and you loved. It is hard not to let our feelings get in the way of our business. As hard as it was for you to do this, it was hard for everyone on this board to watch you put up with it.

CPS- I might give them a heads up to cover your butt. Make the call and just let them know what you have experienced with this family. They will go and check it out. Might be the help this family needs. For the record, I am not big on tattle tailing........but in this case I see it as helping this little guy out when the parents clearly are not going to do it. Keep it factual and don't let your personal feelings get in the way of the phone call.

Best-
saved4always 12:57 PM 05-31-2012
I am so glad that they are gone and there was no trouble when he was picked up! I hope that you are feeling better now that it is over and that you can enjoy your vacation!!! Praying for good health for you and your family and less stress when you come back!
Tags:late arrivals, terminate - no show
Reply Up