Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don't Know Who to Believe With This Family
crazydaycarelady 07:34 AM 07-23-2015
Dcfamily has a 2yo and is expecting twins. Dcm keeps talking like the twins will be coming here in February. Dcd has said he does not think so, because it would be crazy to have 3 kids, work FT and pay dc for 3 kids.

Do you think I should plan on having them or not? I do not have to hold the spots but if they are really coming I will not accept anymore infants between now and then.
midaycare 07:40 AM 07-23-2015
Sounds like dcm has no clue what she wants yet. I would not hold spots. Most people I know with 3 kids do take some time off from work to stay home. It's a big risk to hold those spots.
Leigh 08:03 AM 07-23-2015
You can fill your spots, or you can come out and ask for a firm commitment (offer to hold the spots for $XXX-get it in writing and get your deposit). Personally, if I'm getting different stories from the parents, I'd just not mention it and go ahead and fill the spots. Sounds like Dad doesn't want to pay for daycare and DCM doesn't want to take care of 3 kids alone!
Thriftylady 08:20 AM 07-23-2015
I would ask for a holding fee and deposit if you hold the spots.
Snowmom 08:21 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Dcfamily has a 2yo and is expecting twins. Dcm keeps talking like the twins will be coming here in February. Dcd has said he does not think so, because it would be crazy to have 3 kids, work FT and pay dc for 3 kids.

Do you think I should plan on having them or not? I do not have to hold the spots but if they are really coming I will not accept anymore infants between now and then.
If it were me; I would go about business as usual.
Mention to them that you have X openings available and if they are interested, you can give them information on what your policies are for holding spots.

Personally, if I have a current opening, I would require payment for the hold. Why should I lose potential income so that someone else's family can benefit financially?
Unregistered 08:25 AM 07-23-2015
Yeah, I think the mom knows what she wants. She wants to go back to work. Dad disagrees! So you have to wait around till they come to an agreement. Obviously you don't have to wait. Just continue business as usual until they sign a contract. So you don't screw the mom, you should tell her that your infant spots are in demand and you that you won't be holding 2 spots for her without the standard deposit (times 2)!
Blackcat31 08:27 AM 07-23-2015
I'd personally just go about my business too...

Like the daycare kids, I tell them "if you need something use your words or I have no idea....."

Since this family hasn't used their words and actually talked with you about their plans, I would let it go and go about your business as usual. I wouldn't alter, wait, save or change anything in hopes of or in anticipation for anything.
TXhomedaycare 10:13 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Like the daycare kids, I tell them "if you need something use your words or I have no idea....."

Since this family hasn't used their words and actually talked with you about their plans, I would let it go and go about your business as usual. I wouldn't alter, wait, save or change anything in hopes of or in anticipation for anything.

AmyKidsCo 11:33 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Ditto!

The only thing I'd do differently is that if someone else wants to enroll an infant I'd let the parents know that they need to pay to hold the spot now, or possibly lose it.
Reply Up