Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too Many Diapers!
midaycare 12:47 PM 09-07-2015
What do you do with extra diapers? I have dcf's giving me tons of extras when their kiddos "size up" or stop using diapers altogether. It's very nice, but since parents provide diapers ... Unnecessary.

It's nice to have backups just in case ... But how long do diapers last? If I store in a plastic container with a top, are they good forever?
Unregistered 01:40 PM 09-07-2015
Do you have a homeless shelter nearby?

We donate out extra diapers to them and they are SO grateful. They are always in need of them, they tell us.
Unregistered 01:52 PM 09-07-2015
I would definitely keep them you can use them for ever keep them just get a good storage case to keep bugs/moisture out. If u dont have space or have way to many u can try offering them to your parents who may need them .but keep some for back up
midaycare 01:53 PM 09-07-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you have a homeless shelter nearby?

We donate out extra diapers to them and they are SO grateful. They are always in need of them, they tell us.
Can the bag/box be opened? A lot of places around here have strange rules. Just wondering what your experience was... Great idea!!! You remind me of another thread I want to start
Unregistered 03:08 PM 09-07-2015
Nope, they don't have any rules regarding donations at ours. I always have a mix of extra diapers in all sizes and the shelter says they can use them all. Sometimes we buy boxes of diapers on sale and donate them, too.
Febby 04:23 PM 09-08-2015
In all my years of working in centers, I have never run into the problem of having too many extra diapers. Actually, the centers usually have to buy diapers so we have enough extras. Meanwhile, some parents spend a ridiculous amount of money on our diapers fees because they can never remember to bring any...

I like the homeless shelter idea!
midaycare 06:35 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Febby:
In all my years of working in centers, I have never run into the problem of having too many extra diapers. Actually, the centers usually have to buy diapers so we have enough extras. Meanwhile, some parents spend a ridiculous amount of money on our diapers fees because they can never remember to bring any...

I like the homeless shelter idea!
I had enough size 4's to diaper a dck for 2 months. And I still have a lot left! I did it as a courteosy to the dcm, and to get rid of the diapers.
Baby Beluga 08:18 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I had enough size 4's to diaper a dck for 2 months. And I still have a lot left! I did it as a courteosy to the dcm, and to get rid of the diapers.

Wow! That's a lot of diapers. I too have never run into this problem If the shelters near you have rules as far as packaging goes, what about the fire department? Surely they have a need for diapers when children are in involved in emergency situations.
DaveA 04:37 AM 09-09-2015
We have a local crisis nursery I donate extra stuff to periodically .
Francine 05:03 AM 09-09-2015
I had two little girls potty train at the same time, both parents brought me their extra diapers and told me to use them on one of the other kids. No problem, I had a little guy in the same size so his parents didn't have to bring me diapers for a couple of months. Both families win!!
Unregistered 06:54 AM 09-09-2015
I usually offer the diapers back to the family that brought them.
If they don't take them then I just "donate" them back to whoever is younger and wears that size.
There always seems to be a "next in line" so it's worked out well that way.
I don't store diapers as it gets to be too much at times.
crazydaycarelady 08:09 AM 09-09-2015
If I have extras I usually give them to another dcparent with a child the age that can use them. They always appreciate it.
Gemma 08:52 AM 09-09-2015
I keep some in case a parent forgets to bring them and I donate the rest to other dcks
Reply Up