Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Runabout Quad Stroller; Can it be used for infants?
Indianadaycare 08:53 AM 08-08-2014
In the market for a quad stroller, and I've read all the threads on here about which stroller you like, etc.

I've narrowed it down to the Runabout http://www.angelesstore.com/index.ph...-stroller.html

and

Angeles Infant/Toddler SureStop Bye Bye Stroller http://www.amazon.com/Angeles-SureSt...=quad+stroller

I have four littles; most are under one year, but want my quad stroller to grow with them. Is there a way to place an infant who is not yet sitting on her/his own in the Runabout Quad as that seems the best quality with maneuverability, etc

If not, other recommendations or thoughts? Thanks!
KidGrind 08:56 AM 08-08-2014
I don’t have one, yet.

My understanding and research says the Runabout can definitely be used for infants.
MarinaVanessa 01:20 PM 08-08-2014
I have the original in-line Runabout quad stroller but it's not from Angeles (Berg sold their design to Angeles and Angeles modified the materials and made their own version). Someone gave me a Runabout triple in-line stroller because they got an Angeles quad Runabout stroller and she already has rusting on it and is having problems with Angeles in trying to get hers replaced (she got hers in Jan/Feb and has garaged it). I just wanted to mention that so you are aware. I have also heard that things start to crack on the Angeles ones after about 5 years or so.

I needed a quad so some time around May I think I bought a Runabout in-line quad stroller from Berg (yes it was pricey) and gave my triple in-line to another provider. I couldn't be happier. The woman I know that has the Angeles one said that you can put an older infant in the stroller but the seat doesn't recline back enough for smaller infants that can't support their own heads very well. She said she tried one of the car seat head supports and the baby's head would still fall forward. She ended up wearing the baby on walks until the baby could support it's head better. She also says that the Berg stroller she gave me handled better than her Angeles stroller but I've never tried her Angeles stroller.

Berg's Runabout in-line strollers are much pricier than Angeles but the lady I know says she can tell that the materials are not as durable as Berg's so that has a lot to do with the price reduction. We live in a coastal town (but not right on the beach) so maybe that has something to do with it and maybe you won't have the rust problem. My stroller has no rust. The Berg strollers also have a base that can be attached to the frame (after removing one seat) that you can click any Graco infant car seat to. It's a separate charge for it but it's an option. I don't have any tiny infants though so I haven't needed one. The youngest child I've had in my Runabout was a DCB at 5-6 months old. My seat reclined back enough to keep his head from lolling forward, but again I've ever had a really small infant in it.

I looked into a lot of strollers like the ones you are looking into and I ended up opting for the Berg one because of the reviews even though it has a much bigger price tag. I can understand if you are strapped for cash and decide to get an Angeles stroller but whatever you do don't get a Foundations stroller. I tried a friend of mine's and it was HORRIBLE.
Attached: Runabout.jpg (124.1 KB) 
Indianadaycare 02:13 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I have the original in-line Runabout quad stroller but it's not from Angeles (Berg sold their design to Angeles and Angeles modified the materials and made their own version). Someone gave me a Runabout triple in-line stroller because they got an Angeles quad Runabout stroller and she already has rusting on it and is having problems with Angeles in trying to get hers replaced (she got hers in Jan/Feb and has garaged it). I just wanted to mention that so you are aware. I have also heard that things start to crack on the Angeles ones after about 5 years or so.

I needed a quad so some time around May I think I bought a Runabout in-line quad stroller from Berg (yes it was pricey) and gave my triple in-line to another provider. I couldn't be happier. The woman I know that has the Angeles one said that you can put an older infant in the stroller but the seat doesn't recline back enough for smaller infants that can't support their own heads very well. She said she tried one of the car seat head supports and the baby's head would still fall forward. She ended up wearing the baby on walks until the baby could support it's head better. She also says that the Berg stroller she gave me handled better than her Angeles stroller but I've never tried her Angeles stroller.

Berg's Runabout in-line strollers are much pricier than Angeles but the lady I know says she can tell that the materials are not as durable as Berg's so that has a lot to do with the price reduction. We live in a coastal town (but not right on the beach) so maybe that has something to do with it and maybe you won't have the rust problem. My stroller has no rust. The Berg strollers also have a base that can be attached to the frame (after removing one seat) that you can click any Graco infant car seat to. It's a separate charge for it but it's an option. I don't have any tiny infants though so I haven't needed one. The youngest child I've had in my Runabout was a DCB at 5-6 months old. My seat reclined back enough to keep his head from lolling forward, but again I've ever had a really small infant in it.

I looked into a lot of strollers like the ones you are looking into and I ended up opting for the Berg one because of the reviews even though it has a much bigger price tag. I can understand if you are strapped for cash and decide to get an Angeles stroller but whatever you do don't get a Foundations stroller. I tried a friend of mine's and it was HORRIBLE.

Thank you MV! That info was incredibly helpful! I appreciate, too, the photo you attached, bc it showed clearly the way your four fit into the quad.
My decision has to be based on flexibility of my needs.... I currently have three infants under 6 months, and will likely add a fourth within another few months, so I need to be able to walk with four small babies on a daily basis around my neighborhood. I do not need this stroller to fold/store in a vehicle. It will stay unfolded in my garage.
I also don't have all 3-4 infants each day. Some days, I will have just two; somedays three, some days four. The stroller I choose needs to accommodate my differing needs.
I looked at the ABC Adventure Buggy, http://adventurebuggycompany.com/quadbuggy.htm which looks great for my needs, but as far as I can tell, only sells from out of country. I can look to see what shipping is, but it's scary to even look!
My research continues...
Thanks again for being so helpful!
Reply Up