Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>I Hate Taxes!!!!
marniewon 07:52 PM 02-15-2011
I don't mean to yell, but that's how I feel right now!! I use TaxAct, and have for many years now. This year I did it all on paper first, and thanks to Tom and everyone else here, I'm pretty confident that I got it right. Then I went to enter it into TaxAct and it's all messed up! I paid to be able to print the forms so I could see what didn't match up, and it's all messed up. For some reason, even though I am only depreciated my house, it printed 2 different 4562's. One of them shows the house, the other one has a number on lines 21 and 22, but there is no indication of what they actually are!!

On 8829, even though I put in the same info that I figured on paper, my TSP is way lower than I figured on paper. It also filed Schedule A, even though we did not have any itemized deductions other than for my business.

A lot of the things that I had on 8829 was put on Sch C instead.

For SE it filled in the long form, even though I only need to do the short form.

Why can't they make it so you can just fill out each form online instead of them asking the questions and me trying to figure out exactly what they need and where they are going to put them? I would much rather just fill out each form!!

BTW - we are getting a decent refund, thanks to my dh's job, and we really need this money NOW, which is the only reason I'm trying to do it on my own. We are renovating a house (which is just a little more than a shell at the moment) and we have my step-daughter's wedding to help pay for. I guess I could just finish the paper refund and mail it in, but that might take too long. I keep seeing TA advertising that you can get your refund back in 8-15 days if you file electronically with direct deposit.

AAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!

Thanks for listening to me vent .
TomCopeland 08:18 PM 02-15-2011
So.... you thought taxes were supposed to be fun?
marniewon 04:47 AM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
So.... you thought taxes were supposed to be fun?
LOL Tom! No, but I've never this many problems getting them done.
GretasLittleFriends 08:08 AM 02-16-2011
I feel your pain, though not yet to that extent. My dh and I are both self employed. I'm in the process of totaling my receipts into MinuteMenu. I then need to print out my stuff, total up the rest of hubby's stuff, get it all organized then take it to our accountant. Last year at this time I vowed to keep up on my receipts for the year... That ended up not happening.
marniewon 03:36 PM 02-16-2011
Everything's all good now . Taxes are done and will be filed electronically as soon as I get home .

I just had to sit down with my papers and the papers I printed from TA and compare them all. It took about 2 hours, but I think I'll be better at this next year for it.
Tags:taxes, vent
Reply Up