Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Wording/Suggestions For Change In Care
beachgrl 04:07 PM 11-06-2011
Hey all,

As some of you know I have been trying to fill spots and have only had two kids coming so far on drop in basis (one gives me her schedule on fri or sun for the week before so I always know when I will have her child, but can vary from one day to a full week with most weeks being 2-3 days. The other never tells me anything in advance and when they do, they normally don't show or change the days and that one was supposed to be full time to start but the parents kept the child as drop in, I think so they could have flexibility all week but only bring him the days they want to depending on when dad is home since he works from home, etc and have been somewhat undependable, flaky and not following policies and being late, not respectful in letting me know when they will need me and leaving me wondering until 10-11 am ea day if I havent heard from them that I wont have their child that day)

Okay, all that being said....I am starting a full timer in a week, have another that will probably be paying to hold a spot for two months and be full time starting in jan, another that wants care in dec and another who wants care starting in jan. So two for sure, and two more possible full timers...things are finally starting to look up enrollment wise! I need to move to either they pay for a full time spot (for full week availability) or a pt spot (2 days or less, which will require them to choose specific days and stick to those only) or they won't have a spot, in other words I need to change to only ft or pt spots and not doing drop-in anymore because really they are not drop-ins as they are hear regularly every week and use me primarily for their child care so this is not fair to me nor can I rely on it income wise. I just don't know exactly how to word this and want to send home a letter with them as well as verbally let them know that I will be offering only pt or ft spots to where it sounds good and if there is anything else you think I need to include or say please let me know!

I appreciate any suggestions and will be working on the letter in the next couple days. I am also going to do what I can to get my handbook finalized as I work on it, then stop, work on it, because I haven't really had much business or interest lately I am not sure what I should include because I don't want to scare off potential parents. I must get it done though so that any potential parents know my policies and if they don't like them...well..one thing I have learned from you all, is that it is probably not a good fit or will be a family that will cause more problems than it's worth and I will find the right ones that fit my program!

Thanks so much all!
beachgrl 12:52 AM 11-07-2011
I have been working diligently on my ft and pt contracts (haven't had an actual contract since these two are operating as drop in's but that it about to change) and wound up staying up until almost 4 am I got so into it using ones i have seen on here as well as others, pulling little bits and pieces. I am hoping that my contracts are not too lengthy as I plan on completing my more detailed handbook too, but they are already at 7 pages, with the last one being where they sign and just a statement about my policies and why I have them.

I still want to send home a letter informing my current drop in families that I will not be offering drop in care to children who come regularly or at all...not sure about how to word that I am changing to only offering ft or pt weekly spots?

Thanks!
beachgrl 12:54 AM 11-07-2011
And yes, tomorrow is going to be a long day...gona be super hard to get up in a few hours but this was a must do after being informed I would only have one of them two days this week (mom will only owe me for one day since I had a sick day last week she had already paid for and I have no policies in place for such) and the other will be two days if that so something has to change!
beachgrl 07:57 AM 11-07-2011
I hope I can get some good feedback on what I stayed up until 4 am doing last night, I finished my pt and ft contracts and am including a link to them if anyone can look them over and give any feeback on things I may not have thought of. I am also going to be finally finishing my parent handbook with more detailed info but I wanted to hit on the important things in my contracts as I will be moving my drop ins to either ft or pt or they will not be able to attend anymore and I also have to work on my letter to go home outlining the change and when it will begin...next week is enough notice shouldn't it be?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4FK1tsMK4/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kh7a_r444/edit
SimpleMom 12:14 PM 11-07-2011
I haven't looked at the other responses, but...I would try to give two-three weeks notice of the changes since they are pretty big changes. Drop-in, to me, is just that...a drop-in. So, they shouldn't need much notice as placement is not reserved.

The contract portion is all I've had time to review. It looks pretty good--you covered a lot!
Michael 12:46 PM 11-07-2011
Full-Time Child Care Contract

The Following agreement is made between:
1. Mother/Legal Guardian. _____________________________
Home Phone. _____________________________
Work Phone._____________________________
Home Address._____________________________
2. Father/Legal Guardian ._________________________________
Home Phone .___________________________________________
Work Phone.____________________________________________
Home Address.__________________________________________
3. Daycare address and phone # 910-399-39139009 Mckeithan Lane, Leland NC

For The Care Of:
4. Child's Name/ D.O.B. _________________________________
Child's Name/ D.O.B. _________________________________

Basic Rates and Payment Policies:
The payment fee shall be $ 125.00 per week per child.
Daycare hours available from 7:30am-5:30 pm Monday-Friday.
Actual hours of care will be contracted from child to child, Full-time care is three days or more per week.

Care shall be provided
Monday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Tuesday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Wednesday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Thursday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Friday __________a.m. to __________p.m.

• There is a 10-hour daily limit/45-hour weekly limit at above rates.
• Any additional hours are subject to hourly $10 hour overtime fees, only when
agreed to in advance with the provider.
Schedules/Contracted days
Due to state laws I am only allowed 5 kids max to watch at one time. Scheduled days of care will be followed strictly. If I have any open spots for a day they will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Please note: Your time agreed to on your contract is abiding unless change is noted by the provider. Please understand I do need to be notified if other time will be needed and it must be agreed upon in advance.

Late pick-up fees will accrue at $1 a min beyond contracted time.

If for some reason your child will be more than one hour late for care as scheduled, a phone call is required.
Payment for Child Care is paid in advance of the following week’s care. Payment is due on the last day of care for your child that week by 5:30pm, prior to the following week your child will be in our care. If that day falls on a holiday, payment will need to be paid by 5:30pm on the day prior to the holiday. Your child will not be accepted back into care until payment, including all late fees, is made. If a period of 1 week passes without payment received, the contract will be terminated, the position filled, and the collection process begun. You will be responsible for any costs related to collection of the childcare fees.
Cash or Check is accepted, a fee of $25.00, plus any additional costs I incur, will be charged to you for a returned check. All future payments will then need to be made by cash.
Childcare fees are due regardless of whether or not your child attends. You are paying for your child’s slot, as well as the child care service. No refunds are given for late arrivals or early departures.

A slot at World of Wonders will be considered open until the enrollment fee and first weeks’ fees are received. Holding slots- a fee in the amount of 50% of the regular rate must be paid weekly or the slot will not be held open. This fee is non-refundable.

Additional Fees: $25.00 annual enrollment/registration fee due with 1st weeks tuition, will be due August 1st of each year thereafter.

Late payment fee: $10 per day after payment is due, child will not be allowed to attend again until payment is current including late fees. If your child misses more than a week due to unpaid fees, without making payment arrangements, the space will be given to the next person on the waiting list. I understand that people have financial hardships, but I too have a family to support and must be paid in a timely manner.

No Show: If your child will not be attending World of Wonders child care, notify me as soon as you know of the absence. There will be a $10 no call/no show fee if I am not informed within 30 minutes of normal drop off time that the child will not be attending for the day in addition to the regular attendance fee for that day.

*there are no refunds or reductions for days missed due to illness or stay at home days.
*We do not make up days or trade days for scheduled/contracted days without an additional fee and only if space is available if a change is needed.

Holidays/Severe Weather Closings:
The following are paid holidays that World of Wonders will normally be closed, we follow “observed days” so if a holiday falls on a Sunday, I will normally be closed on Monday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, I will be closed the Friday before.

Veteran's Day
Memorial Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving Day and the day after
New Year’s Day
Christmas Eve and Christmas day
Good Friday
Easter Monday
July 4th

These holidays are paid as part of your normal weekly tuition.
If your child needs care during any of the above holidays, there is an additional $20 per child/per day holiday rate in addition to your regular childcare attendance fees. Care can only be provided for holidays if agreed to in advance by the provider and you must be prepared to have alternate care in the even the provider is not able to care for your child on a holiday.

In the rare event of inclement weather, World of Wonders follows the Brunswick County Schools closings/delays so always check with your local news station for information
on any closings or delays due to inclement weather or call the child care provider for clarification if needed.

Payment for this time is still required even if it is a day your child would normally attend as it is part of your weekly rate.

My Sick/Personal Days:
If necessary I am paid for five sick days each calendar year. I do not have access to the benefits most working parents have such as health insurance, paid personal days, flex-time, 401K, etc. Since I work in a field, which puts me at greater risk for illness, I require the ability to take time off if I become ill. Any additional day beyond the five if taken, will not be paid. I only take time off if is completely necessary and I will always give you as much notice as possible, however emergencies do happen. Please always have a back-up childcare plan already in place should it be necessary that I close due to illness or family emergency. I will whenever possible, arrange for a qualified provider approved substitute to provide care in the event I am sick or have a training day, for which I will have to pay for care for that day. If I have a substitute, this will not deduct from my allowed sick days per calendar year.

My Vacation Time: I reserve the right to take up to two weeks per year of vacation time unpaid with at least a month’s notice to my families of the vacation time. I do not charge tuition during this time so that parents are able to pay for back-up care if needed. I may be able to provide a qualified substitute during my vacation time, in which case if you decide to bring your child, you will still be responsible for tuition for that time so please inform me if you would like for me to try to arrange for a substitute.

Child Illness and vacations:
Do not bring your child if he/she has any of the following symptoms;

*A temperature of over 99 degrees -must be fever free without the aid of medication for 24 hours before returning
*Intestinal disturbance accompanied by diarrhea or vomiting
*Has had diarrhea or vomiting within a 24 hour period
*Any undiagnosed rash
*Sore or discharging eyes or ears, profuse nasal discharge

Allergies: If a child comes to day care with a runny nose, coughing, congestion, and the parent feels this is due to allergies we must have a Doctor's diagnosis stating*what the child is allergic to.* Children will not be allowed to attend the day care if they have a fever, persistent non clear runny nose, persistent coughing or diarrhea that coincides with allergies.

Do not bring your child if he/she has had any of the above symptoms. If he/she develops any signs of the above I will isolate your child and call for you to come and take your child home.

If your child has been exposed to any contagious disease such as whooping cough, German or regular measles, mumps, chicken pox, diphtheria, pinworm, or scarlet fever, keep him/her at home and report his/her condition to me immediately.

Every effort will be made to prevent your child from being exposed to contagious diseases and other illnesses. You will be notified immediately if my children or myself develop any of the above symptoms. You reserve the right to keep your child home if I choose not to close, no reduction in payment will be done if you decide to do so.

If your child becomes ill during the day at daycare, you will be notified to pick up your child and will need to be able to pick up or arrange for an approved person to pick up your child within an hour or notification from the provider.

Charges for a child's absence for an illness are part of your set fee, which does not change. In the event that your child is ill and needs to miss a day, please call 1 hour before arrival time. If NO notice is given, you will be charged the No Show Fee in addition to the normal daily rate.

Parent/child vacations are also part of your set fee which I figure over an annual amount so any time your child is not in care, unless it is due to provider’s being sick you are responsible for the set fee as you are paying for the slot for your child.

If your child has an extended illness, a discount may be arranged to hold the position at my discretion.

Any time off which exceeds two weeks, World of Wonders Child Care cannot guarantee your child’s slot will be available upon return unless you have paid for that time. There are absolutely no exceptions.

Changes:
Please give written notice of any changes that may occur, especially of name or address, or of updated immunizations.

Supplies: All supplies must be labeled with your child’s name.
You need to supply all children with an extra change of clothing appropriate for the current weather for messy days, outdoors and accidents which may occur periodically. These clothes are to be marked with your child's full name and left at the childcare for such occasions. You may also leave an extra pack of wipes if needed for your child. All
Children will have their own cubby to hold their personal belongings. Your child may also have a towel or blanket for rest time and one lovie item for rest time if wanted.

Meals:
I can provide milk for your child if you like. You must provide a lunch and a snack that is nutritious and meets the food guidelines and serving portions appropriate for your child’s age as per our child care licensing regulations. I provide a copy of meal requirements for all families.
Please inquire if you need more clarifications on meal requirements. Please to do not send sugary drinks or sodas and juices must be 100% juice for snack. I will not
be able to serve your child these items.

If your child has any special dietary requirements or allergies, you must notify me and I will need a Doctor’s note for changes that go against the food requirements.

Toys:

Toys from home are not allowed to accompany your child to child care with the exception of a blanket or special lovie item for rest time (the blanket /lovie item will be put up until rest time or kept in your child’s cubby if it is an item you want to remain here so your child has it every day). Toys from home cause too much conflict when other children want to play with them and young children have a difficult time sharing toys, let alone one of their own that is special to them.

Medical Emergencies:
Minor bumps and scratches are inevitable, but I make every effort to keep the children safe through supervision and childproofing. Minor injuries receive appropriate first aid, and if an emergency injury or illness occurs, you will be contacted as soon as possible. If necessary, your child will be taken to the nearest hospital where you will be asked to meet us.

I am prepared with emergency caregivers in cases of unplanned absences of short duration caused by unanticipated circumstances such as illness, accident, or other family crises at the daycare home. Parents will be notified when an emergency caregiver will be used. If an emergency caregiver cannot be located, parents may be requested to pick up their children.

Parents are responsible for all costs involved in emergency medical treatment, including emergency transportation if required. World of Wonders , or her family will not be held liable for any sickness/injury of either parent/guardian or child while on these premises, or while the child is in the company of the provider during field trips or outings.

Termination Agreement:
Provider may terminate the contract at will without notice if I feel that continuing care would be detrimental to the other children, myself/business.

Parent/Guardian may terminate this contract with a three week written notice.
Please be advised that you will be charged the No Show Fee in addition to your scheduled daily rate until you notify me that your child will not be returning.
You are required to give three-week’s written notice when you decide to terminate childcare. Parent agrees that if three weeks written notice is not given to Provider prior to withdrawal of the child from World of Wonders, the final three weeks fees will still be payable to Provider.
Termination letters are accepted on Fridays only. Termination will not be accepted while provider or parents are on vacation or center is closed. The three weeks will be paid in full, upon receipt of notice, regardless of whether or not your child is in attendance. If it should be necessary to go to court over nonpayment of fees owed for services, client will be responsible for the following:
All fees owed to provider for care.
All late fees, incurring daily until the bill is paid.
Any court and attorney fees.

If payment is not received once care has been terminated, provider will proceed with collections on any remaining balance through collection agency or other measures as necessary.

I reserve the right to terminate due to noncompliance with the terms of the contract/daycare policies/parent handbook with three weeks’ notice. If provider terminates with notice, you will still be responsible for payment for the three weeks.

Changes to Policies
Changes may be made to these policies as needed with one week notice. The policies, contracts, consents, and forms will be reviewed and updated, if needed annually.

By signing this contract, the Parent/Guardian agrees to the terms and thereby agrees to abide with the Provider's Policy and Terms as set forth. The provider may only amend the policies with a one week notice to the Parent/Guardian by an updated contract. I do understand this is a Legal and Abiding Contract; and understand that when signed by myself, legally obligates me to the terms in this contract for one year or upon written three-week notice of termination/leave of absence.

Provider ______________________________________ Date ___________________
Mother/Guardian ____________________________ Date ___________________
Father/Guardian _____________________________ Date ___________________
Copies of this Contract will be provided upon request!
(New) (Renewed)
Please Circle
Michael 12:47 PM 11-07-2011
Part-Time Child Care Contract

The Following agreement is made between:
1. Mother/Legal Guardian. _____________________________
Home Phone. _____________________________
Work Phone._____________________________
Home Address._____________________________
2. Father/Legal Guardian ._________________________________
Home Phone .___________________________________________
Work Phone.____________________________________________
Home Address.__________________________________________
3. Daycare address and phone # 910-399-3913 9009 Mckeithan Lane, Leland NC

For The Care Of:
4. Child's Name/ D.O.B. _________________________________

Basic Rates and Payment Policies:
The payment fee shall be $ 75.00 per week per child.
Daycare hours available from 7:30am-5:30 pm Monday-Friday.
Actual hours of care will be contracted from child to child, Part-time care is two days or less per week and is limited to specific days.

Care shall be provided
Monday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Tuesday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Wednesday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Thursday __________a.m. to __________p.m.
Friday __________a.m. to __________p.m.

• There is a 10-hour daily limit
• Any additional hours are subject to hourly $10 hour overtime fees, only when
agreed to in advance with the provider.

Schedules/Contracted days
Due to state laws I am only allowed 5 kids max to watch at one time. Scheduled days of care will be followed strictly. If I have any open spots for a day they will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Please note: Your time agreed to on your contract is abiding unless change is noted by the provider. Please understand I do need to be notified if other time will be needed and it must be agreed upon in advance.

Late pick-up fees will accrue at $1 a min beyond contracted time.

If for some reason your child will be more than one hour late for care as scheduled, a phone call is required.

Payment for Child Care is paid in advance of the following week’s care. Payment is due on the last day of care for your child that week by 5:30pm, prior to the following week your child will be in our care. If that day falls on a holiday, payment will need to be paid by 5:30pm on the day prior to the holiday.Your child will not be accepted back into care until payment, including all late fees, is made. If a period of 1 week passes without payment received, the contract will be terminated, the position filled, and the collection process begun. You will be responsible for any costs related to collection of the childcare fees.
Cash or Check is accepted, a fee of $25.00, plus any additional costs I incur, will be charged to you for a returned check. All future payments will then need to be made by cash.
Childcare fees are due regardless of whether or not your child attends. You are paying for your child’s slot, as well as the child care service. No refunds are given for late arrivals or early departures.

A slot at World of Wonders will be considered open until the enrollment fee and first weeks’ fees are received. Holding slots: a fee in the amount of 50% of the regular rate must be paid weekly or the slot will not be held open and can be filled. This fee is non-refundable.

Additional Fees: $25.00 annual enrollment/registration fee due with 1st weeks tuition, and will be due in August 1st of each year thereafter.

Late payment fee: $10 per day after payment is due, child will not be allowed to attend again until payment is current including late fees. If your child misses more than a week due to unpaid fees, without making payment arrangements, the space will be given to the next person on the waiting list. I understand that people have financial hardships, but I too have a family to support and must be paid in a timely manner.

No Show: If your child will not be attending World of Wonders child care, notify me as soon as you know of the absence. There will be a $10 no call/no show fee if I am not informed within 30 minutes of normal drop off time that the child will not be attending for the day in addition to the regular attendance fee for that day.
*there are no refunds or reductions for days missed due to illness or stay at home days.
*We do not make up days or trade days for scheduled/contracted days without an additional fee and only if space is available if a change is needed.
Holidays/Severe Weather Closings:
The following are paid holidays that World of Wonders will normally be closed, we follow “observed days” so if a holiday falls on a Sunday, I will normally be closed on Monday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, I will be closed the Friday before.

Veteran's Day
Memorial Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving Day and the day after
New Year’s Day
Christmas Eve and Christmas day
Good Friday
Easter Monday
July 4th

These holidays are paid as part of your normal weekly tuition.
If your child needs care during any of the above holidays, there is an additional $20 per child/per day holiday rate in addition to your regular childcare attendance fees. Care can
only be provided for holidays if agreed to in advance by the provider and you must be prepared to have alternate care in the even the provider is not able to care for your child on a holiday.

In the rare event of inclement weather, World of Wonders follows the Brunswick County Schools closings/delays so always check with your local news station for information
on any closings or delays due to inclement weather or call the child care provider for clarification if needed.

Payment for this time is still required even if it is a day your child would normally attend as it is part of your weekly rate.

My Sick/Personal Days:
If necessary I am paid for five sick days each calendar year. I do not have access to the benefits most working parents have such as health insurance, paid personal days, flex-time, 401K, etc. Since I work in a field, which puts me at greater risk for illness, I require the ability to take time off if I become ill. Any additional day beyond the five if taken, will not be paid. I only take time off if is completely necessary and I will always give you as much notice as possible, however emergencies do happen. Please always have a back-up childcare plan already in place should it be necessary that I close due to illness or family emergency. I will whenever possible, arrange for a qualified provider approved substitute to provide care in the event I am sick or have a training day, for which I will have to pay for care for that day. If I have a substitute, this will not deduct from my allowed sick days per calendar year.

My Vacation Time: I reserve the right to take up to two weeks per year of vacation time unpaid with at least a month’s notice to my families of the vacation time. I do not charge tuition during this time so that parents are able to pay for back-up care if needed. I may be able to provide a qualified substitute during my vacation time, in which case if you decide to bring your child, you will still be responsible for tuition for that time so please inform me if you would like for me to try to arrange for a substitute.

Child Illness and vacations:
Do not bring your child if he/she has any of the following symptoms;

*A temperature of over 99 degrees -must be fever free without the aid of medication for 24 hours before returning
*Intestinal disturbance accompanied by diarrhea or vomiting
*Has had diarrhea or vomiting within a 24 hour period
*Any undiagnosed rash
*Sore or discharging eyes or ears, profuse nasal discharge

Allergies: If a child comes to day care with a runny nose, coughing, congestion, and the parent feels this is due to allergies we must have a Doctor's diagnosis stating*what the child is allergic to.* Children will not be allowed to attend the day care if they have a fever, persistent non clear runny nose, persistent coughing or diarrhea that coincides with allergies.
Do not bring your child if he/she has had any of the above symptoms. If he/she develops any signs of the above I will isolate your child and call for you to come and take your child home.
If your child has been exposed to any contagious disease such as whooping cough, German or regular measles, mumps, chicken pox, diphtheria, pinworm, or scarlet fever, keep him/her at home and report his/her condition to me immediately.
Every effort will be made to prevent your child from being exposed to contagious diseases and other illnesses. You will be notified immediately if my children or myself develop any of the above symptoms. You reserve the right to keep your child home if I choose not to close, no reduction in payment will be done if you decide to do so.

If your child becomes ill during the day at daycare, you will be notified to pick up your child and will need to be able to pick up or arrange for an approved person to pick up your child within an hour or notification from the provider.

Charges for a child's absence for an illness are part of your set fee, which does not change. In the event that your child is ill and needs to miss a day, please call 1 hour before arrival time. If NO notice is given, you will be charged the No Show Fee in addition to the normal daily rate.

Parent/child vacations are also part of your set fee which I figure over an annual amount so any time your child is not in care, unless it is due to provider’s being sick you are responsible for the set fee as you are paying for the slot for your child.

If your child has an extended illness, a discount may be arranged to hold the position at my discretion.

Any time off which exceeds two weeks, World of Wonders Child Care cannot guarantee your child’s slot will be available upon return unless you have paid for that time. There are absolutely no exceptions.

Changes:
Please give written notice of any changes that may occur, especially of name or address, or of updated immunizations.

Supplies: All supplies must be labeled with your child’s name.
You need to supply all children with an extra change of clothing appropriate for the current weather for messy days, outdoors and accidents which may occur periodically. These clothes are to be marked with your child's full name and left at the childcare for such occasions. You may also leave an extra pack of wipes if needed for your child. All
Children will have their own cubby to hold their personal belongings. Your child may also have a towel or blanket for rest time and one lovie item for rest time if wanted.

Meals:
I can provide milk for your child if you like. You must provide breakfast/lunch depending on when your child arrives, and a snack that is nutritious and meets the food guidelines and serving portions appropriate for your child’s age as per our child care licensing regulations. I provide a copy of meal requirements for all families.
Please inquire if you need more clarifications on meal requirements. Please to do not send sugary drinks or sodas and juices must be 100% juice for snack. I will not be able to serve your child these items.

*If your child has any special dietary requirements or allergies, you must notify me and I will need a Doctor’s note for changes that go against the food requirements.

Toys:
Toys from home are not allowed to accompany your child to child care with the exception of a blanket or special lovie item for rest time (the blanket /lovie item will be put up until rest time or kept in your child’s cubby if it is an item you want to remain here so your child has it every day). Toys from home cause too much conflict when other children want to play with them and young children have a difficult time sharing toys, let alone one of their own that is special to them.

Medical Emergencies:
Minor bumps and scratches are inevitable, but I make every effort to keep the children safe through supervision and childproofing. Minor injuries receive appropriate first aid, and if an emergency injury or illness occurs, you will be contacted as soon as possible. If necessary, your child will be taken to the nearest hospital where you will be asked to meet us.

I am prepared with emergency caregivers in cases of unplanned absences of short duration caused by unanticipated circumstances such as illness, accident, or other family crises at the daycare home. Parents will be notified when an emergency caregiver will be used. If an emergency caregiver cannot be located, parents may be requested to pick up their children.

Parents are responsible for all costs involved in emergency medical treatment, including emergency transportation if required. World of Wonders , or her family will not be held liable for any sickness/injury of either parent/guardian or child while on these premises, or while the child is in the company of the provider during field trips or outings.

Termination Agreement:
Provider may terminate the contract at will without notice if I feel that continuing care would be detrimental to the other children, myself/business.

Parent/Guardian may terminate this contract with a three week written notice.
Please be advised that you will be charged the No Show Fee in addition to your scheduled daily rate until you notify me that your child will not be returning.
You are required to give three-week’s written notice when you decide to terminate childcare. Parent agrees that if three weeks written notice is not given to Provider prior to withdrawal of the child from World of Wonders, the final three weeks fees will still be payable to Provider.
Termination letters are accepted on Fridays only. Termination will not be accepted while provider or parents are on vacation or center is closed. The three weeks will be paid in full, upon receipt of notice, regardless of whether or not your child is in attendance. If payment is not received once care has been terminated, provider will proceed with collections on any remaining balance through collection agency or other measures as necessary. If it should be necessary to go to court over nonpayment of fees owed for services, client will be responsible for the following:
All fees owed to provider for care.
All late fees, incurring daily until the bill is paid.
Any court and attorney fees.

I reserve the right to terminate due to noncompliance with the terms of the contract/daycare policies/parent handbook with three weeks’ notice. If provider terminates with notice, you will still be responsible for payment for the three weeks.

Changes to Policies
Changes may be made to these policies as needed with one week notice. The policies, contracts, consents, and forms will be reviewed and updated, if needed annually in January.

By signing this contract, the Parent/Guardian agrees to the terms and thereby agrees to abide with the Provider's Policy and Terms as set forth. The provider may only amend the policies with a one week notice to the Parent/Guardian by an updated contract. I do understand this is a Legal and Abiding Contract; and understand that when signed by myself, legally obligates me to the terms in this contract for one year or upon written three-week notice of termination/leave of absence.

Provider ______________________________________ Date ___________________
Mother/Guardian ____________________________ Date ___________________
Father/Guardian _____________________________ Date ___________________
Copies of this Contract will be provided upon request!
(New) (Renewed)
Please Circle
daycare 02:19 PM 11-07-2011
I'm only half way reading

So far I saw that first you stated to call if going to be late by one hour but then below wrote $10 charge under no show if 30 minutes late.

Also you might want to add that should you need to hire a sub for any reason that parents are still required to pay their regular fees.
beachgrl 03:04 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I'm only half way reading

So far I saw that first you stated to call if going to be late by one hour but then below wrote $10 charge under no show if 30 minutes late.

Also you might want to add that should you need to hire a sub for any reason that parents are still required to pay their regular fees.
Under no show, I put that I need notification as soon as possible if they know in advance a child will not be coming. I also said I would charge a $10 no show/call fee if they don't inform me withing 30 min of the child's normal drop off time.

Under child illness and vacations, I put that in the event their child is sick and needs to miss a day, to please call one hour before regular drop off/arrival time and if notice is not given they will be charged the no show fee.

Is that what you are referring to? Does that make sense?
daycare 03:12 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by beachgrl:
Under no show, I put that I need notification as soon as possible if they know in advance a child will not be coming. I also said I would charge a $10 no show/call fee if they don't inform me withing 30 min of the child's normal drop off time.

Under child illness and vacations, I put that in the event their child is sick and needs to miss a day, to please call one hour before regular drop off/arrival time and if notice is not given they will be charged the no show fee.

Is that what you are referring to? Does that make sense?
yes it does..

what about two week trail...do you offer one?
beachgrl 03:16 PM 11-07-2011
Just informed one family and gave them their letter, at which point mom and I got into a "discussion" about it because she said she picked me due to my offering drop in care and she insisted that I never told her otherwise. My hubby was here so I am going to check with him because I know he overheard their first visit at which point she decided to start bring her child. I did not tell her that, I told her the opposite...that I would be able to offer drop in care UNTIL I had children who needed full time slots. I have told every family that who inquired about drop in. Prior to this notice going home, I said the same thing a few weeks ago in anticipation of needing the ft availability for other children and she started paying me ft the next week, but then went back to drop in rates next week so then i was confused lol.

As I typed this, she called to get more clarification and ask about the contracts which I am getting ready to email her a copy of my full time contract now so we will see if I scare her off for good or if they decided to go ahead with a full time space. I really love having their dcb as he is a sweetheart and gives me no problems, just a cutie patooty but I have to make ends meet too. She seemed to be leaning toward paying for a ft slot and using 4 days a week, with her having the flexibility to choose one day a week to keep him home which I told her I have no problem with since she is always great about letting me know her schedule and what days dcb would be here in advance. Let's hope the contract is reasonable and that they will decide to keep him here!
daycare 03:18 PM 11-07-2011
trying to think what else I didnt see

Napping policy?
if you do have one will you allow pick up during naps??

Discipline policy?
beachgrl 03:26 PM 11-07-2011
We have a separate form that parents must sign with the discipline policy on it so I didn't include that. I also didn't include nap info because I planned to include it and a statement about pickup at that time in my handbook. I wanted to mainly get the key items that could cause problems or issues/legal things in the contract as well as policies i wanted to emphasize. I didn't want my contract to be so long as I feel much more info is included in the handbook which I am currently completing.
beachgrl 03:29 PM 11-07-2011
yes it does..

what about two week trail...do you offer one?
okay, I plan to offer a two week trial to new families but thought I should put that in the handbook...hmmm, maybe I need to add a sentence on that under termination agreement. It is hard to remember everything and decide what should be in the contract as well as the handbook!
daycare 03:30 PM 11-07-2011
ok got it...sorry, I thought that this was your PHB..

I have my two weeks trial on my contract..
beachgrl 03:31 PM 11-07-2011
New children are given a two week trial period during which time the parent or provider can terminate care without the three weeks notice. I do this to allow families to make sure the child care provider is a good fit as well as to make sure the child has time to adjust and is a good fit within the child care setting.

does that sound good?
daycare 03:36 PM 11-07-2011
New children are given a two week trial period during which time the parent or provider can terminate care without the three weeks notice. I do this to allow families to make sure the child care provider is a good fit as well as to make sure the child has time to adjust and is a good fit within the child care setting.

does that sound good?
sounds good to me

here is mine

The first two weeks are a paid trail period beginning on ________________ and will end on _______________. After your trail period ends, signer of this contract must give two weeks written notice before terminating this contract. Failure to notify _______________of resignation two weeks in advance will result in loss of full two weeks payment by you. By Signing below, I/we agree that I/we have read all above information and agree to comply with all rules and responsibilities stated.
Crazy8 03:37 PM 11-07-2011
We have a separate form that parents must sign with the discipline policy on it so I didn't include that. I also didn't include nap info because I planned to include it and a statement about pickup at that time in my handbook. I wanted to mainly get the key items that could cause problems or issues/legal things in the contract as well as policies i wanted to emphasize. I didn't want my contract to be so long as I feel much more info is included in the handbook which I am currently completing.
I know a lot of people do both a handbook and a contract but it sounds like yours is getting confusing - like which topic can they find in which document?? If you are doing a full handbook I suggest getting that completed ASAP and then keeping the contract VERY simple, just listing names, info, days/hours, etc. and signing that stating that they agree to all the terms in the handbook.

I don't do the handbook - just have a 6 page contract - I only list the basics - don't go into the detail some providers do with examples, etc. its just straight to the point - in 10 years its all I ever needed.

Sometimes being too wordy and having too many documents just gets confusing.
daycare 03:38 PM 11-07-2011
yes, my contract is only one page.... sweet short and simple.

the rest of the stuff I have goes into my PHB....
beachgrl 04:23 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
I know a lot of people do both a handbook and a contract but it sounds like yours is getting confusing - like which topic can they find in which document?? If you are doing a full handbook I suggest getting that completed ASAP and then keeping the contract VERY simple, just listing names, info, days/hours, etc. and signing that stating that they agree to all the terms in the handbook.

I don't do the handbook - just have a 6 page contract - I only list the basics - don't go into the detail some providers do with examples, etc. its just straight to the point - in 10 years its all I ever needed.

Sometimes being too wordy and having too many documents just gets confusing.
That will be next on my list for this week, I will most likely do as you mentioned with being simple with the contract and including more detail in the handbook, as well as having them sign of on the terms of the handbook.
Thanks ladies, getting all this straight from the get go and trying to decide what to include, what not is time consuming and hard, lol! I appreciate all the suggestions and questions so that I can better clarify my items!

I have informed both of my current families of the changes and I will be waiting nervously all week until I hear something on whether I will lose or keep them! It has been nerve wracking some of the things I have had to deal with because I allowed them to come as drop ins with no contract even for that care and I am tired of it! I have suddenly grown my minature backbone quite a bit and I will live with the fallout if they leave...just means I can get families in who know what I expect from the get go and who will not be as able to manipulate me because I have been through several newbie things as well as having a contract and handbook in place!

Whew...I am tired and have butterflies in my stomach now but at the same time I feel better that it is all out there and they can decide what their next move is. Mine is to make sure my business is run the way I WANT!
daycare 04:52 PM 11-07-2011
I am all about running your business the way that you want however,

You also need to listen to the needs of prospective clients. For example, I only wanted to do full time. Then all of a sudden I had a huge change in clients and it seems right now that everyone ones drop in a few days a week and half days.

I never wanted my business to run this way, but I decided that I had to give the people what they are asking for.
So now, I have in my contract that I will offer these schedules as long as there is availability. All full time request will override part time schedules or the part time spot will be offered to go full time.

SOunds like you are off to a great start...
beachgrl 05:22 PM 11-07-2011
I am all about running your business the way that you want however,

You also need to listen to the needs of prospective clients. For example, I only wanted to do full time. Then all of a sudden I had a huge change in clients and it seems right now that everyone ones drop in a few days a week and half days.

I never wanted my business to run this way, but I decided that I had to give the people what they are asking for.
So now, I have in my contract that I will offer these schedules as long as there is availability. All full time request will override part time schedules or the part time spot will be offered to go full time.

SOunds like you are off to a great start...
Totally agree with you on what the needs are but i have had more than my fair share of issues, especially with the one family and I cannot make itnoff these two families so its either make changes (both these families were given drop in care provided others did not need ft or there was availability, but even with that they don't want to lose their spot with my enrollment picking up but yet they want the whole week available to them) or go back to a teaching or other job outside the home.

Thanks, I think I will be able to replace them should they leave so fingers crossed, now to just wait and see what they want to do.
Tags:contract - part time, contract sample, fulltime, part time care
Reply Up