Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Ever Been Terminated From An Agency?
littlemisssunshine 09:49 PM 03-29-2017
Today I was notified via phone that I was being given a two week termination notice because my families did not sign in and out. This is the first time it has ever happened. I had a meeting with the families failing to sign in and out to correct the problem. Can an agency just terminate me without any warning?
Cat Herder 04:59 AM 03-30-2017
Do you have a copy of your contract? I would hope the appeals process would be in there.
Blackcat31 06:09 AM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
Today I was notified via phone that I was being given a two week termination notice because my families did not sign in and out. This is the first time it has ever happened. I had a meeting with the families failing to sign in and out to correct the problem. Can an agency just terminate me without any warning?
I don't understand what you mean by agency...

Are employed by the agency or are you accepting payments for services via an agency on behalf of families?

Can they terminate you without warning? It appears they DID give warning...they said 2 weeks.

Are you required to have parents sign in/out? If so and that is part of the agreement you have with the agency then I agree with termination as you did not have families sign in/out.

Talking to families about the issue (signing in/out) but not actually making sure they do it may cost you.

Part of my agreement with my county DHS/Child Care Assistance program is also to have parents sign in/out of care daily. If I fail to enforce that and make sure they actually sign in/out, I don't get paid.

If that is the same as your situation then sadly I agree with the agency's decision to terminate.
Annalee 06:31 AM 03-30-2017
I wonder if OP is working at a Head Start Agency. I know of many who went through the appeals process here due to some issues (some legit but some way out there) but none actually retained their job...kind of a one and done process it appears to me. I understand the seriousness of sign in/out logs and have the same rules from licensing but also realize it can happen that a parent doesn't sign in or possibly doesn't use first and last name like is required in my state. I had a parent signing in "DAD" and had to correct that issue so it does happen. If it is an issue that has been corrected multiple times I get it, but the persons I knew that worked at Head Start was a first time one and done process. Just my opinions.
284878 12:15 PM 03-31-2017
I think that she might be signed with an agency that helps with advertising and referrals. Instead of the state being in charge of DC, agency get contracted to do so. (I heard of this but not sure where)
We have this in MI for foster care, I was through an agency while a friend in another county is through the county. (She stays consistent with kids. While I would go months without getting a call)
Tags:agency, contract - renewal, sign in sheet
Reply Up