Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Websites
Jazzii 05:35 PM 05-15-2016
Looking for some constructive criticism on ours, i'll happily return the favor- it seems like only current parents look to the website (to find their kids pictures haha) any suggestions??

www.victoriascastledaycare.com
Michael 03:40 AM 05-16-2016
I like your domian name. I am viewing it on my phone and I have two suggestions.

You could have more pages with information like:

Daily Schedule

Teaching philosophy or mission statement

Also, it is hard to read your blue text on the blue background. I will see if it looks different on my desktop than my phone. (I see now there is a drop down with more pages).
Blackcat31 06:13 AM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Jazzii:
Looking for some constructive criticism on ours, i'll happily return the favor- it seems like only current parents look to the website (to find their kids pictures haha) any suggestions??

I love your site!

The only suggestion I have is that your "about us" page is the page that feels like and looks like it should be your "home" page.

I don't know but it seems like that should be the opening page.
laundrymom 06:45 AM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Jazzii:

There's a typo in your handbook, which I am devouring by the way. Lol. It's awesome.
When talking about dresses. You say dressed.
NillaWafers 08:20 AM 05-16-2016
I would have a different landing page. Organize your pictures a bit better.

here is my website: www.lilsprouts.net

Your landing page should be the hub of information. Easy to read and get information from. Make a separate page for your pictures.

If you self host I can't recommend WordPress enough. I bought my theme for 40 dollars.
Jazzii 10:46 AM 05-16-2016
I'll update the color theme on mobile, had not even noticed!

And I think you guys are right I'm going to play around with the formats
thrivingchildcarecom 10:51 AM 05-16-2016
I agree. Switch About page to Home Page. Also, on the Contact page, the pink on the green background is a little hard to see.
Mike 01:29 PM 05-16-2016
Definitely take some of the about us page material and put it on the front page.

Rule #1 for websites...
The front page has to convince a visitor to want to read more within about 8 seconds.
Jazzii 06:12 PM 05-17-2016
Ok, so I switched the pages, also, I did not realize that when using wix your web design site does not impact the setup of the mobile page- it instead was a separate editor so I got the background thing fixed as well
Jazzii 06:13 PM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
There's a typo in your handbook, which I am devouring by the way. Lol. It's awesome.
When talking about dresses. You say dressed.

Fixed it!

Also thanks! A LOT of planning went into it lol
sahm1225 06:16 PM 05-17-2016
I'm browsing your website right now on my cell phone and 'environment' is spelled incorrectly on the first page (home page?).

I love your slogan about being treated like royalty
Mike 07:52 PM 05-17-2016
I like the new front page. Down the right side, where it says "back to home", leave it there, but change the wording to "gallery".
CityGarden 10:06 PM 05-17-2016
I think the site it cute. I too like the royalty slogan

Do go over it for any incorrectly spelled words, that annoys me with teachers / child providers / etc.

I did not check your site for them but it never hurts to double check.
Michael 12:01 AM 05-18-2016
Looks great
Tags:website review
Reply Up