Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deepest Pack N Play?
JenNJ 07:34 AM 07-25-2013
I'm finding that pack n plays are just really shallow now. Does anyone have a deeper pack n play that is currently available? I transition kids out around two years and either the cribs or shrinking or the kids are bigger (or both!). I don't need all the bells and whistles, just a sturdy, deeper playpen for napping.
Blackcat31 08:08 AM 07-25-2013
Pack and plays are shrinking for sure! Every time I walk by the one our Walmart has set up in the baby section, I think it is for dolls and not real babies... NO WAY any of my toddlers could sleep in one that size.

The ones I see new now are anywhere from 24-26 inches deep and that is just way too shallow.

I have a Eddie Bauer one that is 30 inches deep. Unfortunately, it was recalled due to some issue with the attachable bassinet/baby changer that clips on top of it but my licensor allowed me to use it because I threw away the changer thing and never used it anyways.

I also have a Graco (almost 15 years old) that is 28 inches deep but I doubt it is sold anymore.

I recently bought 2 JMason pack and plays (the one's Nan raves about) but I haven't started to use them yet. They seem very sturdy and really nice....too bad the company went out of business and stopped making PNP's....I am sure they had NO idea that the quality of baby stuff would become a joke today.....

Wish I had some suggestions but the only other option I can think of is buying those folding portable cribs they sell through early childhood catalogs....you know, the expensive ones.
JenNJ 08:18 AM 07-25-2013
Ugh! Its so frustrating. I feel like under 2 years is just asking for trouble. They sleep much better when contained. Otherwise they wake the older ones who really love nap. I don't want to do cots yet, but they are getting too long for the pnp. Sigh.
Unregistered 08:49 AM 07-25-2013
Fisher Price has a great one. It's part of the Close To Me Care combo ( P n' P, change station, Bassinette & stand )
The P n' P is the best one I've used yet, the bed sits almost flat on the floor and the sides are high, even my best climber couldn't get out of it.
Downside is it's tricky to fold/transport/store as it folds flat.
Not sure if they still make them, I bought mine second hand.
Reply Up