Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fast Food
nikia 11:11 AM 11-22-2010
Have u ever had a parent drop their child off with fast food? This angers me so much. Preschool kid dropped off after lunch today mom brought burger king with child and said oh I hope that's ok she didn't finish in the car. Ummm no its not because now I have all the kids that hadn't fallen asleep yet wanting fries and soda. Why don't some people have common sense.
VTMom 11:14 AM 11-22-2010
I had someone drop their school aged kids (2 of them) with 3 donuts even though they knew we were about to have breakfast. We had 8 kids that morning. Nice.

I guess they couldn't make it the two miles to my house!
gkids09 11:16 AM 11-22-2010
Yes, I have...And as soon as the parent leaves, the food goes in the refrigerator or in the trash, depending on what is left of it. We don't do fast food...We provide breakfast, 2 snacks, and lunch, and there is no reason they should have any fast food. Just my opinion of course
MyAngels 11:18 AM 11-22-2010
I don't allow outside food unless there is enough to share with everyone. I don't hesitate to let the parents know it's not okay. Didn't finish in the car? Then feel free to head back to the car and finish and then come in. Want to bring donuts? Absolutely, just make sure to bring plenty for everyone, otherwise they'll be waiting for you to take home at the end of the day.
nikia 11:23 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by gkids09:
Yes, I have...And as soon as the parent leaves, the food goes in the refrigerator or in the trash, depending on what is left of it. We don't do fast food...We provide breakfast, 2 snacks, and lunch, and there is no reason they should have any fast food. Just my opinion of course

I agree I should have thrown it out but I didn't. She was hear after lunch so great that she was fed but not so nice bringing fast food for other kids to drool over. Lol
misol 11:37 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by nikia:
Have u ever had a parent drop their child off with fast food? This angers me so much. Preschool kid dropped off after lunch today mom brought burger king with child and said oh I hope that's ok she didn't finish in the car. Ummm no its not because now I have all the kids that hadn't fallen asleep yet wanting fries and soda. Why don't some people have common sense.
I've had this happen. I don't allow outside food without a doctor's note indicating dietary restrictions and this is written in my contract. After the mom leaves just put the Burger King in the fridge and offer the child whatever the other kids are eating. At pickup tell the mom that Johnny didn't finish his Burger King from earlier, do you want to take the leftovers with you? She'll probably say no and you can toss it.

Otherwise, you can just tell her at the door that he will have to finish it in the car because you don't want to upset the other kids.
KEG123 11:40 AM 11-22-2010
Yeah I'd toss it too. In my policies I plan to have in there that NO outside food is allowed unless preapproved, like for birthdays or holiday parties, or whatever. DEFINITELY no fast food. Yuck!
marniewon 12:09 PM 11-22-2010
No outside food is (supposed) to be brought here either - for the very reason that many parents don't know how to feed healthy meals and they never bring enough for everyone else, and that's so not fair!! However.....my own grand-daughter always brings something in (chocolate milk, juice, poptart, etc). I take it right away and it goes in the fridge to be sent home later. My drop-in also brings his own lunch. And of course he has juice pouches and gummy bears every day. I do juice, but not for lunch or morning snack, so it's really not fair for him to bring juice to drink with lunch, and I never give him the gummy bears (you would think mom would realize that and stop sending them!).
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I don't allow outside food unless there is enough to share with everyone. Want to bring donuts? Absolutely, just make sure to bring plenty for everyone, otherwise they'll be waiting for you to take home at the end of the day.
I've done this too...but unfortunately the mom I had a problem with brought donuts for everyone every morning for about 2 weeks before I finally said, ENOUGH! I couldn't stand the sugar buzz all day, plus I only said it in the first place because I didn't think she actually would bring some for everyone!! Be careful what you wish for.......
Crystal 12:30 PM 11-22-2010
I had a parent try this ONCE. I told her it was not acceptable, she said, well she has to eat, (in a snotty tone) and I told her to go sit in her car and feed it to her. She did, and it never happened again.
daysofelijah 01:03 PM 11-22-2010
I have a mom that sends her two boys with sugary cereal in a bag, or a handful of donuts at least a couple times a week. I wish she would get that I don't like the kids to bring in food, but she doesn't. So after she leaves I be the bad guy and take the stuff away and toss it or put it in their backpacks to take back home.
BK for lunch in front of a bunch of kids who ate hotdish and veggies would definitely not go over well here.
SilverSabre25 01:07 PM 11-22-2010
I had a mom bring her DD with a McDonald's Breakfast Burrito once (on the whole...not that bad, really) and since my crew is too young to notice/care, I let her eat it. I did put a food reminder in the next newsletter, though.

And I occasionally feed fast food and other junk to my DD and the dcb we have on Saturdays, because Saturdays are different (no routine, freedom to go places, I don't plan meals for the weekend so we eat whatever). His aprents know and don't care. They understand where we're coming from.
nikia 01:13 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I had a mom bring her DD with a McDonald's Breakfast Burrito once (on the whole...not that bad, really) and since my crew is too young to notice/care, I let her eat it. I did put a food reminder in the next newsletter, though.

And I occasionally feed fast food and other junk to my DD and the dcb we have on Saturdays, because Saturdays are different (no routine, freedom to go places, I don't plan meals for the weekend so we eat whatever). His aprents know and don't care. They understand where we're coming from.
I may need to give a friendly reminder I feel bad for my 3 year olds who had to eat their veggies, at least a bite, and drink their milk. Then little miss comes in with fries, burger and coke. So I am thinking special treat for those little ones since the preschool girl is sleeping at the moment.
Crystal 01:16 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by daysofelijah:
I have a mom that sends her two boys with sugary cereal in a bag, or a handful of donuts at least a couple times a week. I wish she would get that I don't like the kids to bring in food, but she doesn't. So after she leaves I be the bad guy and take the stuff away and toss it or put it in their backpacks to take back home.
BK for lunch in front of a bunch of kids who ate hotdish and veggies would definitely not go over well here.
I wouldn't tolerate that from the parent. I'd take it from the child with the parent right there and Say, "oh, johnny, mommy MUST have forgotten that you are not allowed to bring food, unless of course their is enough for everybody. Mommy can give this to you on the way home tonight"

I bet she would quit doing it
Tags:fast food, junk food, meals
Reply Up