Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Learned the hard way - kinda funny
Countrygal 06:36 AM 04-04-2012
I know most people on here talk and talk about not getting into potty training at daycare.

I've been watching a little boy and his parents decided it was potty training time. Well, it went really well, for No. 1, but No. 2 is another issue. He holds it in for three or four days and then releases it all into a pull-up here at daycare (I guess he thinks he'll get into less trouble or something). It's happened several times now, and I have decided to adopt a "no toilet training" policy.

Of course, it took me having to sterilize half my house and furniture and almost an hour of work to come to this decision!
Zoe 07:03 AM 04-04-2012
Oh man. I'm picturing that scene in Daddy Daycare where the little boy holds it in and every few days it's a horror scene. "I missed." Eeeeek!

Glad you came to that decision.
SunshineMama 09:49 AM 04-04-2012
I am potty training 3 (ages 3, 3, and 4) kids right now and it is a nightmare. I hate it. Its rediculous they are that old and not potty trained. The parents want ME to potty train them- I said I will assist but I dont want to even do that anymore. I dont want to quit on the kids, but I feel like the parents are just expecting me to do everything.

I want to start my little dd but the stress of the other kids is killing me. I. hate. potty training! Maybe if it were only 1 kid...

I potty trained my dd at age 2 in 2 days. I dont have the patience for this long, drawn out, try to potty adventures with all these other kids. I take them 2 times in the morning and 1 time in the afternoon. It takes forever.

Sorry to hijack the thread.... Did I mention I hate potty training?
Christian Mother 12:26 PM 04-04-2012
I think I am going to start charging for potty training...a separate charge..

I've successfully trained 5 daycare boys and my 2 children. It only took about 1-2 wks to fully potty train. I think it's diff. for kids to go #2 bc it's a control thing. I use a gummy bear system...they get a gummy bear for every time they go poop. When one goes all the rest follow along...lol!! They all want that gummy bear...lol!!
momma2girls 12:40 PM 04-04-2012
I don't assist with potty training til the child is ready and made great progress and knows what the concept is, then I start with it here at daycare. I have it written well in my contract, if anyone would like to see the wording.
MNMum 12:43 PM 04-04-2012
I have a rate for 0-2 years. A rate until potty trained. And a preschool rate. Potty training is a lot of work! When I opened last fall I had 2 - 3 yr old boys who were having accidents daily. It takes a lot. of. patience... My own 2 yr old is probably ready, if we encouraged it more, but I'm only working on it on weekend when the ratio is 2 adults to 3 kids. Not at daycare where it is 1 adult to 5-8 kids! With my first child we went on our honeymoon when she was 2 years 4 mos, came home 8 days later and she was almost completely potty trained. A few good days with the one on one that comes from grandparents worked wonders!
Countrygal 01:09 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
I don't assist with potty training til the child is ready and made great progress and knows what the concept is, then I start with it here at daycare. I have it written well in my contract, if anyone would like to see the wording.
This is exactly where I am going to go. And NO pull-ups or panties until they ask, by themselves, to go potty!!!! Until then it's diapers only.

Last night my dgs had a migraine and threw up all over his bedroom and bathroom and today it was poop everywhere! Just too much bodily emissions in two days!
momma2girls 01:44 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
This is exactly where I am going to go. And NO pull-ups or panties until they ask, by themselves, to go potty!!!! Until then it's diapers only.

Last night my dgs had a migraine and threw up all over his bedroom and bathroom and today it was poop everywhere! Just too much bodily emissions in two days!
Do you want to see how my contract is worded?
I will share.
Reply Up