Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can't Stand The Smell!!!!
ABCDaycareMN 02:48 PM 04-08-2013
Of one child's poop! What are they feeding dck at home! And it's not one chunk lol but rabbit turds!

Can of bathroom spray in hand.... I know (shame on me) but better than me puking!
Bookworm 03:08 PM 04-08-2013
I can sympathize. I took my class to the bathrooms in the hall one day and all of a sudden, there was this smell like burning sewage sprinkled in sulphur. It was so bad the Director smelled it and started gagging. I think we used half a can of air freshener. That horrible smell came from a two year old and he wasn't sick. Whatever he ate the night before, they do not need to feed it to him ever again.
Scout 06:16 PM 04-08-2013
I have a dcg here that I feel the same about! Seriously, she could clear a room! I have to take a deep breath before changing her....thank goodness she is almost ready to potty train!
Starburst 07:20 PM 04-08-2013
Lol earlier I was babysitting and I guess he had been having those pellets and the mom has been feeding him papaya and it was terrible, I smelt it the minute it happened.
nanglgrl 07:47 PM 04-08-2013
The kids I've had over the years that had consistently putrid smelling diapers ate a lot of junk food and fast food on an almost daily basis. I've always wondered if others experienced the same.
blandino 08:38 PM 04-08-2013
It's funny, you would think you would be so used to it by now. But there are still some that make me think I might vomit. I guess looking at so many different poops, also makes me wonder why everyone's are so different. I guess just different systems.

I think even thinking about this is a clue that I might be losing my marbles
Sunshine74 08:41 PM 04-08-2013
We have one DCB who will smell like he has pooped for like an hour before he actually does. And it is awful.

We have tried sitting him on the potty when we smell it, but he doesn't usually go. And we can't leave him on for an hour.
Luna 04:33 AM 04-09-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
The kids I've had over the years that had consistently putrid smelling diapers ate a lot of junk food and fast food on an almost daily basis. I've always wondered if others experienced the same.
I have noticed this too...garbage in, garbage out. However, I have one dc family who eats...adventurously? They try new foods all the time and now and then something will cause the foul bms. Curry was fun. On the plus side, I'm grateful those children will try anything new that is offered to them.
canadiancare 05:23 AM 04-09-2013
I have one kid whose stool and urine smell so much stronger and offensive than the others. They eat 2/3 meals together 5 days a week so I guess it is just enough of the other food to change his system.
My healthiest eater (parents are fitness freaks) has the easiest stool to clean and to deal with.

The girl whose mother admits to letting her eat whatever she wants just to make sure she is eating something (2 years old and gets cake and diet coke for breakfast) has the dark black rabbit turds that smell of death.
countrymom 06:59 AM 04-09-2013
yup happened this morning. Garbage in garbage out.
lilcupcakes09 10:40 AM 04-09-2013
same thing here, almost 2 boy, very very picky eater. At home if he doesn't eat what they are, he gets junk(goldfish, crackers, cookies), this is usually his meals at home. He has been pooping hard pellets that smell worse than any child I have ever had since stopping the bottle with formula. I figured from the get go that it was his poor diet at home. Here if he doesn't eat what I serve, he doesn't eat....it usually ends up in him giving in and eating just fine for me
Thetotspot 01:42 PM 04-09-2013
This is totally my daughter...7 years old and the smell still lingers throughout the house so bad. I swear the substances released from that child are probably toxic and carcinogenic! I will admit that she does have a hankering for sweets and like most children prefers grains and sugars to real food. No i dont feed her junk all day, but she definitely prefers that i did and will eat more of anything with bread or sugar. For instance breakfast might look like scrambled eggs, toast with butter, kiwi, carrots. Oh she definitely eats the bread...the fruit might go next...the rest she says "im full," im trying to break the habit by offering the stuff she tends to eat little to none of first...and then add thenstuff i know she wants next. I wonder if thats the reason behind the foul odor she emits in the restroom. Lol
sharlan 02:27 PM 04-09-2013
Originally Posted by Thetotspot:
This is totally my daughter...7 years old and the smell still lingers throughout the house so bad. I swear the substances released from that child are probably toxic and carcinogenic! I will admit that she does have a hankering for sweets and like most children prefers grains and sugars to real food. No i dont feed her junk all day, but she definitely prefers that i did and will eat more of anything with bread or sugar. For instance breakfast might look like scrambled eggs, toast with butter, kiwi, carrots. Oh she definitely eats the bread...the fruit might go next...the rest she says "im full," im trying to break the habit by offering the stuff she tends to eat little to none of first...and then add thenstuff i know she wants next. I wonder if thats the reason behind the foul odor she emits in the restroom. Lol
I have one that was trying to pull that. She now gets what I want her to eat first (say the eggs), then she gets her veggies, then her fruit. I give her one thing on her plate at a time. If she gets fruit or even veggies first, she won't eat anything else. I won't even let her have oj or apple juice until her food is gone.
Reply Up