Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gremlins - It's The Only Explanation
SilverSabre25 12:15 PM 05-10-2013
MY kiddos have been insane today. All five of them. I had to threaten my own five year old with staying home from school and taking a nap if she didn't start listening to me!

My usual suspect for not listening, a newly turned 5 year old boy, has been in trouble all day for the weirdest things, mostly blatant disregard for rules and my authority.

The 4.25 year old boy wasn't listening either. Which is a growing trend that I am really not happy with.

23 month old bit someone on the eyebrow (though it was semi-the-other-kid's fault because 23 mo was asking him to move so 23 mo could look out the window and 4.25 refused repeatedly) (I was up to my elbows in trying to deal with someone else's behaviorism and a stanky diaper change)

and 12 month old tries to pretend like he's being hurt even though no one is near him, and screamed bloody murder every time I removed him from places he isn't supposed to be, and refused as usual to play with toys.

I'm done. I ordered pizza and other yummies for lunch. There was a grumbly thunderstorm that was amazing during nap. It's Friday afternoon and DH doesn't get home until 8 tonight. I'm so beaten from this hellacious week, why do they have to be gremlins today of all days?!

And to top it all off we were going to go to the zoo tomorrow for mother's day, but I have to have the 5 yo boy aalllllllllll day. 7 Am until 5:30 at the earliest. fml.
Oneluckymom 12:18 PM 05-10-2013
UUGGHH, so sorry Silver. I hope thing get better soon
SilverSabre25 12:58 PM 05-10-2013
oh god the afternoon just worsened.

my daughter was supposed to be picked up at school, her dad's schedule changed and neither of us remembered to tell the school, so she's sort of abandoned there until i can get someone to get her.

And I discovered that dcb lied repeatedly to me today, blamed something on someone else, and stole candy out of a drawer he had no business being into (that same 5 yo boy I mentioned earlier).
Oneluckymom 01:09 PM 05-10-2013
You poor thing !! After closing scream "CALGON TAKE ME AWAY" you'll feel better, promise
Cradle2crayons 01:30 PM 05-10-2013
That's okay my daughter just informed me I'm mean because I made her walk from the bus at the end of the driveway... And it's muddy... And it's hot.....

And it's more than 200 yards from the end of the driveway to the house...

And there is a huge hill on the driveway.....

And...

And...

Yep.... It's gremlins....
Lyss 01:51 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
and 12 month old tries to pretend like he's being hurt even though no one is near him, and screamed bloody murder every time I removed him from places he isn't supposed to be, and refused as usual to play with toys.
Holy Gremlins Batman! I share your pain today! I've got 2 of these ^^ (17 mos) going on today. Plus a "what...What?...WHAT!?..." child (I literally have to repeat everything 3 times it feels like or she just gets louder) and bossy 4yr old that's just started a fun new behavior of smacking the littler ones for "not listening" EVERYONE is crying at the drop of a hat today and the whining... worst Friday in a long time! Plus the stress of trying to get Mother's Day stuff finished amongst this behavior. blah I'm finished!

Pizza is what's hitting our table tonight, we had PB&J with fruit and frozen peas for lunch. As the day wears on my DD is becoming the worst of the bunch (thank my lucky stars they are all sleeping right now, crap I hope I didn't just jinx it!) and my DH also works late tonight so no break until bed time, which might be early tonight even though I really want to sleep in tomorrow!

Edit: and jinx myself I did... awake and screaming already. 45 mins earlier than usual...
Cradle2crayons 01:57 PM 05-10-2013
I'm so ready for my husband to be home from work lol...he's normally only gone two weeks...l he doesn't do much to help but I do get a private bath when he's here lol...l he's been gone six weeks this trip....

He'll be home next Tuesday night.... But it will be very late so well say Wednesday.... T minus 5 days...should I figure hours???

Surprisingly he works 100 hour weeks in the offshore business... But when he comes home..after two days... He says his job is a vacation compared to mine lol
Lyss 02:19 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I'm so ready for my husband to be home from work lol...he's normally only gone two weeks...l he doesn't do much to help but I do get a private bath when he's here lol...l he's been gone six weeks this trip....

He'll be home next Tuesday night.... But it will be very late so well say Wednesday.... T minus 5 days...should I figure hours???

Surprisingly he works 100 hour weeks in the offshore business... But when he comes home..after two days... He says his job is a vacation compared to mine lol
That must be hard, but I bet you'd get into a routine and make it work

I hate when its dh's turn to work nights (gets home @ 1am), but it's not all the time so we make it work as best we can
Cradle2crayons 03:09 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
That must be hard, but I bet you'd get into a routine and make it work

I hate when its dh's turn to work nights (gets home @ 1am), but it's not all the time so we make it work as best we can
Heck ill just be happy for him to be cutting the grass and weed eating instead of me hahaha....
SilverSabre25 04:09 PM 05-10-2013
Okay, seriously, the gremlins can go away now.

My afternoon, in timeline format:
*Got DD back, thank goodness (thanks to my awesome sister)
*Kids wouldnt eat snack but whined about being hungry
*Then I found a tick crawling on me under the top edge of my pants. *Lost the tick in the kitchen.
*DS (who is potty training) spilled a potty of pee all down his front
*DS got covered in paint
*DS peed on his bedroom floor
*dcb (12mo) kept trying to crawl through the mess...and into my room where there's a litterbox and cat food...and into the kitchen where there is paint still out from our mother's day projects earlier today, and howling when redirected...
*Sat down to have a nice glass of ice water
*DS POOPED on his bedroom floor
*DS got in the bath right at pick up time (he was sorta messy). The bathroom is right by the front door so it was mostly an issue of trying to get kids out the door while trying to keep naked messy DS *in*.
*DS knocked my (very nice, expensive) cell phone out of my hand into the tub
*Fortunately my cell phone seems fine, the water detecty thing isn't even pink but the phone is in rice.

I'm going to The Cheesecake Factory with my mom and sisters tonight...it's the only thing that is keeping me from crawling back into bed and hiding under the covers!!!
Happy Hearts 04:49 PM 05-10-2013
You deserve cheesecake after all of that! Maybe TWO pieces!
LK5kids 08:59 AM 05-11-2013
And a chocolate martini! and an hour massage and then a two hour soak in a natural hot springs while lovely looking cabana boys serve you chocolate covered strawberries and anything else your heart desires!
Patches 10:27 AM 05-11-2013
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
And a chocolate martini! and an hour massage and then a two hour soak in a natural hot springs while lovely looking cabana boys serve you chocolate covered strawberries and anything else your heart desires!
Can I get in on that, too?
Reply Up