Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monday Morning (Potty) Woes
Kabob 06:37 AM 01-20-2014
This is more of a rant again...

So the 2.5 yr old dcg that dcm tried to send in underwear last week started off her morning here by pooping and peeing in her pullup. Thank goodness I stuck to my policy or else that mess would've been way worse.

The frustration though comes from dcm. I can tell she didn't work on anything I asked of her over the weekend. It took dcg 30 minutes to use the toilet...she couldn't wipe properly...and more importantly, she just started squatting and pooping in the middle of the room. I had her finish on the toilet but that still took 30 minutes.

Dcm has openly said before that she doesn't work on potty training over the weekend but expects me to work on it here. I'm fed up with that attitude. If dcg has an accident in her pullup dcm blames me for not telling dcg to go enough. I tell dcg to go every 4 hours and ask if she has to go every 2 hours. If I ask her she won't go...I have to tell her. She has never asked to go before soiling herself. I explained this to dcm but noooooo...I should just let her bring dcg in underwear and that will solve all my problems she says. Uh no. Dcg knows how to ask and doesn't fuss about using the toilet but she simply hasn't been asking to go beforehand.

I don't know what else to do. As per my policy she can't come in underwear for 2 more weeks now after she can start asking to go beforehand but dcm is going to throw a fit again and send nasty texts again saying I need to let her come in underwear and that I should be making dcg go on the potty more and to quit making her buy diapers.

I never thought I would have a family term over potty training but I'm pretty sure she will.

She's already mad because she insists that I hold her baby too much one day and not enough the next and made up a story saying that every time she picks up I'm holding the baby (not true) and therefore she has to hold her baby all weekend because of me.

Sigh. Hate Mondays. I feel like I'm the overly harsh bad guy...
craftymissbeth 07:49 AM 01-20-2014
I used Nannyde's post on potty training to help create my potty training policy.

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/pott...#comment-11736

The fact that she doesn't/can't let you know BEFORE she has an accident would make me want to hold back on potty training for awhile altogether. I'm sure the seasoned providers will chime in
nanglgrl 08:31 AM 01-20-2014
This child's obviously not ready to be potty trained. I would create a potty training policy (nanny's is great and pretty much what I use). Be prepared to lose the family. This mom will always have something to complain about and no amount of money is worth dealing with people like her.
Kabob 10:57 AM 01-20-2014
I have a potty training policy that she has gone over with me in writing and verbally. It seems she'll send her child here in underwear without discussing it with me first and get all frustrated when I put dcg back in pullups and point back at my policy as if she didn't know that would happen. She has the attitude that she can do whatever she wants with her kids and I am responsible for dealing with her whims. I guess I shouldn't get so frustrated...dcm has been trying to potty train dcg for over a year now so I imagine that's frustrating for them. I just figure that I'll do what I outlined I'll do and keep putting the ball back in her court...if she can't handle it then so be it...this isn't worth my stress anymore.
NeedaVaca 11:24 AM 01-20-2014
If they just waited until the DCG was actually ready they wouldn't have this frustration! They bringing it on themselves and DCG will take longer to PT because of this stress. If they had just waited until she was ready it would have been over in a few weeks or less...
Kabob 11:34 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
If they just waited until the DCG was actually ready they wouldn't have this frustration! They bringing it on themselves and DCG will take longer to PT because of this stress. If they had just waited until she was ready it would have been over in a few weeks or less...
Yes...this dcg is one who will melt down if confronted with something new or asked to do something herself (although she has gotten better about that here).
Reply Up