Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tips for a GREAT Ad????
Crazy8 11:03 AM 08-02-2012
I know its been posted before but when I do a search for CL ads it comes up with all the horrible ones people have posted, LOL!

What are some tips for a GREAT ad, either on Craigslist or flyer or whatever???

What are some things you should bullet point? Leave out, etc?

I don't see a big CL use in my area - and the child care ads that I do see are like many posted here - I want to give it a try but with a GREAT easy to read ad that really shows I am an 11 year veteran in this job and not some SAHM who just wants to make a few bucks, etc. I also want to keep the crazy spammers away. Is that too tall an order/?
daycarediva 11:09 AM 08-02-2012
Need quality care for your little one? I have found that there is a great need for quality child care where children are able to grow and learn in a clean, nurturing environment, with as much 1:1 care as possible. My parenting style is closest to an attachment or natural parenting style. I believe that children thrive when they are given consistency, lots of love, attention and positive reinforcement.

2 full time openings, one part time or per diem opening on Wednesday and/or Friday

About my child care:
-A regular routine is followed each day, as I believe children do best when they know what to expect. This includes structured and unstructured indoor and outdoor play.
-Healthy meals and snacks will be provided, with a biweekly menu given to parents monthly. Fruits and vegetables are served daily. We even grow and pick our own veggies!
-Education is an important part of early childhood and will be incorporated into our day in multiple (FUN!) ways, with weekly themes and age appropriate lesson plans
-Summer there are weekly trips to the library for story time, to various playgrounds for picnics and play, out for ice cream, etc.
-We will have time outdoors twice a day when the weather permits
-A daily report will be provided to you so that you know more about your child's day
-preschool curriculum ( http://www.mothergoosetime.com/ )
- daily circle time, story time, music, and arts & crafts time.
-large fenced in back yard with lots of toys for all ages.
-down the street from a wonderful park/playground!
-on site bounce house
-Regular party days "Fun Friday" "Wacky Wednesday" crazy hair day, show and tell, etc.
-Children age 2+ have a preschool lesson daily, with theme units
-Children age 3+ will be evaluated every 3 months for developmental milestones, as well as all of the wonderful new skills we learn (e.g. Number, letter, color and shape recognition) Copies of these will be given so you can see just how much your child has learned!
-Registered/Certified with NYS Office of Children and Family Services
-CPR/First Aid certified

Hours of operation: 7:00am-6:00pm Monday - Friday (there is some flexibility within that time frame if you need earlierdrop off or later pick up times)

At this time I only have openings for children 2+. I do not take subsidized payments or part time placements under 3 days per week.

A little about me and my family... My husband and I have been married for 10 years. He owns his own plumbing business. I have been a stay at home mom for the past 7 years. Prior to that I was a Certified Pharmacy Technician. I have been doing in home child care for 6 of those years and I absolutely love it. We have four children, ages 12, 10, 6 and 4.

^^ just copied and pasted my CL ad. I have gotten a TON of hits off of it, and 2 of my current clients.
cheerfuldom 11:14 AM 08-02-2012
I have had some success with CL ads and agree, that some of the ads are just plain weird or very unprofessional.

I always tell my business hours and full time rate and what availability I have. I know some people think that is too much information but I would rather be up front with what I can do and weed out people that are just looking for dirt cheap care or something.

I do post clear picture of our space...when it is clean with no children there. I personally am not okay with the multiple pictures I see posted of daycare children online. I wouldnt post a picture of a child in my CL ad even if I did have permission from the parent, thats just me.

I do a small paragraph with easy to read bullets that highlights the best part of my services....experience, items included for the price, benefits to the kids and families, etc. I also spell check and write professionally...no text speak and such.

I prefer that I am emailed thru the CL system. I dont post my number because my work cell is also my private cell. I dont post an address, just a general area/location.
AfterSchoolMom 01:08 PM 08-02-2012
Every ad that I've put out with pictures has gotten better responses than the ones without. Just make sure, as Cheerfuldom said, that you take them when the space is clean and there are no kids present. I'd also avoid any pics with the TV on or visible (not saying that you'd do that, but I see a LOT of that on CL).
cheerfuldom 01:10 PM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Every ad that I've put out with pictures has gotten better responses than the ones without. Just make sure, as Cheerfuldom said, that you take them when the space is clean and there are no kids present. I'd also avoid any pics with the TV on or visible (not saying that you'd do that, but I see a LOT of that on CL).
yeah the ones with a shot of an empty room, no toys, and only a huge TV are so alarming to me! yikes!
Reply Up