Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Need Help with Organization/Tax Help!

Hi friends! I always like to get advice here because it’s the best!!!
My mom and I have an in home daycare. She does all of the tax/paperwork and is looking for ideas to make the process less time consuming.
How much time do you organized ppl spend doing financial paperwork per week? We do have a tax preparer, however, it’s still necessary to organize receipts etc.
I suggested that we reduce our shopping trips per week and use a business credit card for all transactions and let the credit card do the expense tracking. But, I didn’t know if that was the most efficient method bc I need to separate supplies and food etc.
Please please help! We have 19 million spreadsheets for this, the time spent recording everything is like 4 hours per week and it’s causing me to lose my serenity!
Old 11-02-2020, 02:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Organization continued

Also interested in any apps that could help with this process!
Old 11-02-2020, 03:45 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

You really can't bead KidKare. $8 a month. It simplifies everything.

There were a lot of glitches when they made the transition from Minute Menu Pro (that I loved) over to KidKare, but those have all been worked out, now. I spend less than 20 minutes a week organizing taxes. As long as you keep it current daily, there is little to no effort to it.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

WAY too much time when I don't keep up with it.

My goal is to organize 1 night/month, and when I do it's not too bad. But I tend to let it go for a couple of months, then it takes HOURS.

My hubby and I have a system - I mark the receipts and enter them in KidKare (along with mileage) and he double-checks that I didn't miss anything then scans them into NEAT. We use NEAT so we don't have to keep the paper receipts.

Tags
app, attendance, business management, expense categories, meal counts, office, time space percentage