Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Say?
tenderhearts 12:01 PM 01-09-2018
I haven't done this in awhile but when you do an interview for a client and you decide that they wont work for your spot, not due to times or anything just "other" issues, what professionally do you say? I feel like saying I found a better fit sounds like their child was bad or something. Any other nice way of saying you wont be offering them the opening?
storybookending 12:13 PM 01-09-2018
Unfourtunatly the spot is no longer available

I have decided to go a different route

I don’t think what my program offers best fits Billy’s needs
MomBoss 01:07 PM 01-09-2018
Whenever I do an interview I always say that I am also interviewing others. This lets them know that the spot could be taken soon and to let me know their decision asap and to not be surprised if the spot is filled when they finally do let me know.
CityGarden 01:16 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Whenever I do an interview I always say that I am also interviewing others. This lets them know that the spot could be taken soon and to let me know their decision asap and to not be surprised if the spot is filled when they finally do let me know.
This is my approach as well.

I actually take applications and tell them I look for a balance with the overall group in terms of age, gender and personality.
tenderhearts 07:58 AM 01-10-2018
Thanks I tell them as well that I have other interviews/tours and I will be selecting after completed so I guess that helps.
daycarediva 10:11 AM 01-10-2018
At interview I tell my families that I am interviewing other clients (and I DO interview a LOT of clients for any opening), that I will chose a good fit for the space based on attendance needed days/times, age, sex, and overall development. I also tell them that if I don't offer them this space, one may become available that does fit their child and I can offer them a space on my waiting list.
Tags:bad fit, declining clients
Reply Up