Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Cues
Catalina 02:53 PM 01-15-2018
Looking for ideas: What cue(s) do you use to let your daycare kids know that nap time is over and it’s okay to get up once they awaken?
Mike 03:00 PM 01-15-2018
If napping is in a separate room, try what BC said in this thread.
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...88283&p=661611
You tell the kids if the blinds are open, they can get up.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 04:09 PM 01-15-2018
Lights on, music off is my signal it is over. I have one that would sleep through the night if I let him and is super grumpy if I wake him. So he gets 10 minutes and then the radio gets turned back on to something not soothing. I give verbal cues and increase the volume periodically until he comes around.

For the others if they wake up and the lights are on, they know they can come join the playroom. Most wake up when when the lights come on. In the summer I open the curtains for a minute before the lights come on.
kendallina 04:22 PM 01-15-2018
I start opening the curtains and turn down the music. Several minutes later I open curtains all the way. A few minutes after that I turn music and fan off. Whoevers awake usually plays for 30 minutes or before I turn on lights.

We nap/play in the same two rooms so we wake up in stages
e.j. 06:47 PM 01-15-2018
I play "Happy" and turn on the lights.
storybookending 07:09 PM 01-15-2018
I don’t do anything. I won’t wake a sleeping child. If they wake up early they wait on their beds for me to say they can quietly come out. If they see one of their friends have already been let out and they then wake they can come out on their own.
AmyKidsCo 08:06 PM 01-15-2018
Most of the time they're awake, looking at books on their cots. They start to sit up when I take my computer and water glass off the table. By the time I've turned the music off and the lights on they're getting off their cots. I have to be careful not to move my computer before I'm ready for them to get up!
Ariana 03:38 PM 01-16-2018
Open blinds, turn off sound machine
Josiegirl 04:17 AM 01-17-2018
The bugle wakes them nicely and quickly.
daycarediva 09:46 AM 01-17-2018
The sound of my DS playing trumpet from the adjacent room? No seriously, he gets home from school and starts homework, band first, right at the end of rest time. So right now they're being woken to star wars. Christmas time it was the home alone theme, beginning of the year it was jazz.

Before that- I turned the lights on and sang

"Wake up, wake up! It's a brand new beautiful day! Wake up, wake up, it's time to get ready to play!"

I think it was backyardigans or something a looonnnggg time ago a dck used to sing it and it stuck.
Reply Up