Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop Off Limits
Unregistered 12:50 PM 12-18-2019
How does that work with your drop odd pick up limits? Is it one drop off/pick up per day per child or family?Ive seen this on here and thinking of adding it to my handbook. I have a child who has lots of appts.
Cat Herder 01:30 PM 12-18-2019
My drop-off cutoff time is 9 am as that is when we begin Circle/Art time and have completed breakfast.

I allow one drop-off and one pick-up per child/per day. It used to be per family/per day when I had a sibling discount, back in the day.

The only way a child can come after 9 am is a well-child pediatrician's appointment with a doctor's note, updated shot record or copy of the next appointment card.
Blackcat31 02:40 PM 12-18-2019
I do not have a drop off time cut off. Parents can drop off whenever they want as long as it's not nap time.

If they want lunch they must be here 30 minutes prior to lunch being served or they feed their child themself.

As for appointments during the day.... one drop off/one pick up per FAMILY. Keep home until after appointment (unless it's a Dr appointment) or pick up and then go to appointment but one drop off/one pick up PER FAMILY.
Unregistered 03:01 PM 12-18-2019
These are dr appts but it looks like they are going to be turning into a weekly thing. She’s been dropping her two kids off in the morning and then she’ll come back for the one with the appt, then bring him back. Then pick both up at the end of the day. I know she can’t take the younger one with them to the appt. What would you suggest? Also how do you word this in your handbook? Do parents ever complain about not being able to bring kids back to daycare?
Blackcat31 03:11 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
These are dr appts but it looks like they are going to be turning into a weekly thing. She’s been dropping her two kids off in the morning and then she’ll come back for the one with the appt, then bring him back. Then pick both up at the end of the day. I know she can’t take the younger one with them to the appt. What would you suggest? Also how do you word this in your handbook? Do parents ever complain about not being able to bring kids back to daycare?
I would suggest she move the appointment to earlier or later in the day. Keep the child with the appointment at home with her and drop him off after the appointment.

If she absolutely can't bring the younger child with her and doesn't have a family member that can watch them allow her to drop off the younger one to you but not both.

Honestly I would encourage her to make the appointment later in the day and then pick up both kids, have a friend or family member watch the younger one and then she can take the older one. That way it's not your problem at all.

Do you know why she can't bring the younger one? Is it an appointment that she literally participates in? I mean as a parent with two kids of my own, I took them everywhere together. I managed just fine so when these parents now days say they can't manage both of their kids at one appointment I just roll my eyes...

Also not that it makes a huge difference but what is the appointment for?

Wording in my handbook says something like "One drop off and one pick up PER family PER day. If your child has appointments or other obligations outside of child care please schedule these things first thing in the morning or later in the day in order to adhere to the one drop off/one pick per family policy. Thank you!"
Cat Herder 03:04 AM 12-19-2019
Typically, one parent brings the child that does not have an appointment at their usual time and the other parent brings the second child after their appointment. Sometimes a grandparent fills in for a parent as well.

Reversed in the afternoon.

One parent driving through my subdivision 6 times in one day would be something my neighbors would begin complaining about; threatening my continued income and traffic minimization agreement. I must protect that. I also won't allow that much disruption to the other children's days.

If it is speech, OT or PT, I have space for those to be conducted here to eliminate the need for the child to be transported at all. It is part of QRIS.
Snowmom 06:15 AM 12-19-2019
I have "one drop off and pick up per day, per family".
I also have an 8:45 cut off time for drop offs.

I am not interested in making a family's life easier... I'm interested in running a business effectively and that's what I need to do so.
Tags:cut off time
Reply Up