Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Occurs
laceylmm 08:03 AM 12-18-2013
I have Dcp who never pays their copay on time.
Blackcat31 08:10 AM 12-18-2013
Fees are fees. (including co-pays)

If not paid IN FULL, they pay a $10 PER CALENDAR day late fee.

NO SERVICES until ALL fees are paid IN FULL.
laceylmm 11:17 AM 12-18-2013
Sorry I didn't realize I posted this without finishing. Anyway her copay is very low. But every two weeks it is due on Monday. Monday comes and she didn't have time to go to the bank. We play this game until Thursday. Two weeks ago Thursday I handed her the contract with the highlighted late fee section and told her if wasn't paid when she dropped off Friday I would charge.

Next day she gives me her copay and says 'oh ya I didn't even read that paper you handed me'. UMM kay.

My fee is very small right now $5 the first day and $2 per day after that. But I'm thinking I definitely need to raise it. I also wonder how do people do their per day fee?

Since it was due Monday do people charge the $5 for Monday or start it on Tuesday?
laceylmm 11:18 AM 12-18-2013
ANd how many days late before you won't take them until paid?
Blackcat31 11:40 AM 12-18-2013
My parents on assistance pay their co-pays every other Friday.

If the co-pay is not paid by 5 PM on Friday, I add a late fee of $10.

Sat = $10
Sun = $10

Come Monday morning at drop off, they need to have $30 AND the co-pay or they cannot stay.

I do not make exceptions.

If you don't follow your contract rules, why should they? Kwim?

If your co-pay is due on Monday I would not allow the child to stay unless parent arrives with the co-pay. If you wait until pick up time, you'll more than likely get screwed over.

I would NOT accept the excuse that she didn't have time to go to the bank.

NOT your problem. You have time to be available when she needs you so she can do her part and have her co-pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME.

I raise my late fee with each occurrence.

First late payment the late fee is $10 per calendar day.
Second late payment is $20 per calendar day late fee
Third late payment = termination (at my discretion) or $30 per calendar day.

It isn't about the money. It's about respecting and following your policies per the contract the client signed and agreed to.
daycarediva 11:48 AM 12-18-2013
My late fees are steep. It's definitely a to deter them from paying late. Also, why have late fees if you aren't charging them? Whatever they are, charge her ALWAYS.

My late fees are $20/calendar day due on Friday after 6. I don't accept them into care unless tuition & all late fees are paid in CASH Monday at drop off. (paid in advance)

I am updating this in Jan to a flat $50 late fee. I am sick of the hassle of meeting up with parents on the weekend in an attempt to be paid. $50 due Monday with tuition if you don't pay Friday. No pay, no stay.
MarinaVanessa 12:18 PM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by laceylmm:
ANd how many days late before you won't take them until paid?
I don't take them if they don't have their payment and fees in hand on the FIRST day that they are late, and this includes subsity-co-pays, late pick-ups fees etc. I charge on Fridays for the upcoming week of care and if I don't have next weeks tuition in my hand by Friday then it's $10 starting that day. On Monday they need to have their tuition and late fees otherwise they are refused at the door.

I turn little Johnny right back around and he needs to go with mommy to get the money that I am owed. "No pay, no play" or as I like to refer to it "No pay, no stay"
Reply Up