Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Walking On Egg Shells
daycare 09:08 AM 10-03-2011
Have any of you ever had a family that always seemed to have you walking on egg shells?

Well I have a family, lets call them the "Discount Please" family.

The family overall is very nice, always on time with payments, never picks up late, keeps kids home sick (most of the time) and the kids are a delight.

But every week it is always something else. One week there is complaint that the child is not getting enough food and that at 11pm the child is asking to eat food again. Kid goes to bed around midnight, sometimes later. The complaints will last all week about this topic.

The next week, the DCM will make a statement like: "I am not sure what is going on, but when DCG woke up this morning the first thing she did was ask if she had to come to your house and then started scream crying when I said yes. What is going on over here?" Again the complaints about this issue will last all week.

Like I said every week it's little things that are said that just leave me up in the air wondering if the family is happy or not. I do go through great lengths to make my clients happy, so long as I am not feeling taken advantage of.

Every night when I go to bed I really feel like I am walking on egg shells and am just waiting to get a term notice from the family.

I feel like asking the family if I am doing something wrong, this way I don't have to always feel this way, wonder and assume things..

What would you say to a family like this? Have you ever experienced this?
Tags:parents - ask too much, parents - over concerned
Up