Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fundraising with Daycare
daycare 08:34 AM 05-24-2012
So with the cost of everything going up, my summer program is in jeopardy. Looks like we will have to cut most of our field trips due to the increase in gas as well as a lot of the entry fees into these places.

Have any of you ever conducted a successful fundraiser with your daycare? What did you do?

I thought about asking all families to donate items for a garage sale, but did not know if that was tacky or a good idea. I wondered if the families would complain about how I sold the items or how I spread the funds after the sale was over. Like family A brought a lot more than family B, so are they going to complain about it?? These are just a few thoughts that I had.

I really want to be able to keep up my program this summer and there is no way to do it without either asking the families to pay more $$ to my already high rates or to do a fundraiser...

All ideas are welcome. thanks in advance
wdmmom 08:50 AM 05-24-2012
YES! I did 2 successful fundraisers through Avon 2 years in a row!

And now is the time to do it! They are having hot summer deals! Find a consultant in your area by going to www.avon.com.

We got 25% of all sales and we had enough to purchase a Little Tykes Swing Set!!!

I also considered doing one through Pizza Hut. They have you sell pizza cards for $10 each (I think) and for every one you sell, you get $2 or $3 bucks!
daycare 08:53 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
YES! I did 2 successful fundraisers through Avon 2 years in a row!

And now is the time to do it! They are having hot summer deals! Find a consultant in your area by going to www.avon.com.

We got 25% of all sales and we had enough to purchase a Little Tykes Swing Set!!!

I also considered doing one through Pizza Hut. They have you sell pizza cards for $10 each (I think) and for every one you sell, you get $2 or $3 bucks!
we dont have pizza hut here, but I will look into the avon.....Not sure what that is...lol

Did you so all the selling yourself or did you have the parents help you??
wdmmom 09:55 AM 05-24-2012
I told the parents about the fundraiser, what the commission we received would be, what the money received would be used for and those that wanted to help out to ask me for the paperwork.

Avon is a cosmetics company but they sell much more than just make-up! They have an awesome bug spray! They have great gift ideas too!

We did one fundraiser throughout the summer and the bug spray was a huge seller and we did another in October/November of the following year. That made us big money because people were buying gifts for Christmas!
melissa ann 10:23 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I told the parents about the fundraiser, what the commission we received would be, what the money received would be used for and those that wanted to help out to ask me for the paperwork.

Avon is a cosmetics company but they sell much more than just make-up! They have an awesome bug spray! They have great gift ideas too!

We did one fundraiser throughout the summer and the bug spray was a huge seller and we did another in October/November of the following year. That made us big money because people were buying gifts for Christmas!
I am currently not doing childcare, I stopped in March. But, I started back up with Avon. I sold before back in the late 90's-early 2000's. Anyway, I just did a fundraiser for a local home daycare. Since she was in my town,she did the flyer fundraiser. I gave 40% of their sales. My cousin who lives in another state wants to do one too for daycare. Hers will be done as an on-line event and as long as she gets a min of 3 customers, she will earn 30%.(As reps. we earn less for on-line purchases, hence, the difference in % amount) I only keep 10% of the sales, which basically just covers my expenses. I like to do fundraisers to help out groups, organizations etc.
Tags:fund raising, fundraiser, fundraising
Reply Up