Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>overwhelmed with arranging area
mama2one 10:49 AM 08-07-2013
I'm having an issue of how to arrange my livingroom for the lo's. I do not have an extra room in my house as of right now so I am using part of my livingroom. I am feeling overwhelmed with all of the stuff. i would like to get some ideas from you all that you have done.
Hope im not alone in this situation lol
Blackcat31 10:53 AM 08-07-2013
Originally Posted by mama2one:
I'm having an issue of how to arrange my livingroom for the lo's. I do not have an extra room in my house as of right now so I am using part of my livingroom. I am feeling overwhelmed with all of the stuff. i would like to get some ideas from you all that you have done.
Hope im not alone in this situation lol
That is usually the root of the problem.

I seriously downgraded all my stuff and found that I really didn't need half of it.

Simplicity and necessity are the only criteria I used.
nothingwithoutjoy 11:08 AM 08-07-2013
I have a dedicated studio space in my home, but other than that, materials are incorporated right into my (small) main living areas as well.

Kitchen set in my kitchen.

Baskets of books near the couch.

Toys attractively displayed on a bookshelf in our living room. (Very edited and carefully selected. Many things are stored in the basement, and are rotated according to interest, season, and ages).

Basket of blocks under the coffee table.

Bowl of magnet letters (again, something that's been rotated according to interest/ages) on the cookbook shelf in the kitchen.

The key for me is very few, carefully selected toys, displayed beautifully (baskets, wooden bowls, etc.)
mama2one 11:15 AM 08-07-2013
I rotate toys etc alot. I do not aloud children in my kitchen. There table is set up in my diningroom. I can not wait for this extra room in my home to get cleared out and redone then we will be moving in there.
Thanks for the tips
Reply Up