Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Tracking
dan18ny 04:40 PM 04-07-2015
Hi All,

I wanted to ask how do you guys keep track of payments? I am thinking of creating an Excel sheet for my wife to fill in every week that a parent pays. That way it is easier to tell them how much they paid in a year. Do you guys think there is a better way? If anyone has an excel sheet already made that they are willing to share we would highly appreciate it .
Gemma 06:07 PM 04-07-2015
I use a receipt book and a copy of every receipts I write, stays in the book.
Stephnrich 06:28 PM 04-07-2015
I use Minute Menues Kids, which I get through my food program. Excel or a receipt book would work, though.
Thriftylady 06:48 PM 04-07-2015
I use a receipt book. I thought about a spreadsheet, but usually when someone hands me money I have kids here so can't just jump on the computer to log it.
spedmommy4 06:58 PM 04-07-2015
I use and really like Minute Menu Kids Pro. I just enter the invoice and log the payment. The program sorts out the rest. (Categorizes by kid/parent) It's also really affordable at $60 a year.
DaveA 03:57 AM 04-08-2015
I use a receipt book at time of payment. Periodically (supposed to be every other week but I often forget) I put everything onto a spreadsheet.
VTMom 05:14 AM 04-08-2015
I use Quicken for all my accounts. I record each deposit using the families last name as the "category". Year end I can run a report that shows the totals for each family, as well as my annual earnings.

If you have any kind of software like that, it would be easy to create an account for daycare income.

Without it, I would use excel
Meeko 05:58 AM 04-08-2015
My husband uses Quicken for all our finances. But I also use the Redleaf Press Calendar Keeper which is especially for home daycare providers. I've used them for many years and love it.

http://www.redleafpress.org/Redleaf-...015-P1136.aspx
jenboo 07:32 AM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by dan18ny:
Hi All,

I wanted to ask how do you guys keep track of payments? I am thinking of creating an Excel sheet for my wife to fill in every week that a parent pays. That way it is easier to tell them how much they paid in a year. Do you guys think there is a better way? If anyone has an excel sheet already made that they are willing to share we would highly appreciate it .
I do this. I have a different page for each family. I got their payments each week
Shell 07:36 AM 04-08-2015
I use a daily planner and make note of it quickly by hand as soon as I get the money. Then I total it up at the end if the year on an excel spreadsheet.
I'm sure there are better/easier ways, but it works for me
M&Mgal 03:26 PM 10-17-2015
My hubby records all payments onto his "budget" spreadsheet that he made like 5 years ago, along with all other bills & monthly expenses paid (even not daycare related). I use Minute Menu for recording attendance, menus and expenses but have yet got my hubby on-board to entering our income received into it. Once I can get him to start doing that, it'll make record keeping/taxes MUCH easier!
Tags:payment tracking, tracking income
Reply Up