Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Where Do I Enter My Work Time In MMK?
legomom922 08:58 AM 02-19-2011
I am soo brain dead from my Insomnia.. I can't remember where I enter the time I am working when there are no kids here, such as cleaning etc. So where do I find that again? How embarassing.......
TomCopeland 10:12 AM 02-19-2011
Go to the Record Keeping Section and you will see a heading Time-Space Percentage. Then click on the tab that says Other Hours Worked (something like that - I don't have the software open now).

Join me for my February 28th webinar "How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011" sponsored by daycare.com. For more info: https://www.daycare.com/news/taxes/t...d-webinar.html
care-care 04:08 PM 02-19-2011
ya that is where it is Ive been putting time into mmk the past 2 days going over my paper files of time cleaning, getting ready for child to come and after they leave and the time i spend on here entering ! I have a book i have been writing it in now transfering into mmk. i will strive to be faithful and enter stuff monthly from now on!!
legomom922 04:23 AM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by cvankampen:
ya that is where it is Ive been putting time into mmk the past 2 days going over my paper files of time cleaning, getting ready for child to come and after they leave and the time i spend on here entering ! I have a book i have been writing it in now transfering into mmk. i will strive to be faithful and enter stuff monthly from now on!!
yes me too! This is taking way toooo long! How much time are you seeing that you spend cleaning every day? I have about 2 hrs/day between setting up and sweeping, mopping, vaccuming after they left.
Lilbutterflie 06:32 AM 02-20-2011
Legomom, if I spent 2 hours cleaning every day after they left, I would certainly not be doing this anymore! I do pretty much all of my cleaning during the day (naptime, freeplay time in between playing referee, etc...).

I may get flamed for this; but I don't have any infants and only have 5 in my house including my own... so I do one massive cleaning on the weekends once a week. Of course, all throughout the day I do spot cleaning, spot mopping, spot sweeping, and dishes every day. Most of that is done while the kids are here, so it doesn't count towards extra hours. I would not say in any way that my house is ever dirty or unkept. I probably would be more concerned about at least the floors if I had a crawling baby. But I find that spot cleaning throughout the day when I find time is sufficient during the week for me.
care-care 07:32 AM 02-20-2011
i have one infant i have 1 hour a day before and after and take 1.5 hours a week when i clean deeper. (it takes me 3 hours on friday i take 1.5)
I probably dont include enough but thats what I do so it ends up 4.5 hours a week plus I have time on here some times hours and record keeping time
legomom922 08:11 AM 02-20-2011
Now all I had was a baby (5 month), a toddler (15 mon) & a 2.5 yr old, but because I didnt have a dedicated daycare area, I always had to lug all my stuff from the basement everymorning and set it all up, and then when everyone was gone, I had to take everything back into the basement, and then i would vaccum & mop my floors nightly. I'm OCD anyway, and we have 4 cats, so I always had to have a clean floor for the babies, and of course I would have toys to clean/disenfect too, but it was not 2 hrs after I closed, it generally took me an hr in the am to get ready and an hr afterwards.

Now if I had 3 & 4 yrs olds, I wouldnt be as concerned about the floors because they wouldnt be crawling around on them, and there wouldnt be toys to disenfect as often, and I wouldnt have swings, highchairs and excersausers etc to put up/take down everyday, so I can see how you would have less hrs than me. Does that make sense?
care-care 08:27 AM 02-20-2011
i disinfect the chew toys and wash all the baby bedding and burp cloths bibs blankets i put away the excersauser bouncy seat but not the swing. i vacum right before he gets here and some days mop. He isnt crawling quite yet so i may be adding time to this year as i have 2 dogs and ill have to mop more. If thats how long it takes then claim it. al long as you have wrote it down and have good records you are all set.
I may spend more time one day then the next but i have everyday the same in my weeks for 2010 . i watch him 3 days a week so 3 hours for before and after
and 1.5 hours cleaning
legomom922 02:46 PM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by cvankampen:
i disinfect the chew toys and wash all the baby bedding and burp cloths bibs blankets i put away the excersauser bouncy seat but not the swing. i vacum right before he gets here and some days mop. He isnt crawling quite yet so i may be adding time to this year as i have 2 dogs and ill have to mop more. If thats how long it takes then claim it. al long as you have wrote it down and have good records you are all set.
I may spend more time one day then the next but i have everyday the same in my weeks for 2010 . i watch him 3 days a week so 3 hours for before and after
and 1.5 hours cleaning
I always do all of my laundry on mondays, and I would wash all the baby items, blankets, bibs etc together with all of my own laundry, but I claim 1/2 a wk for doing the baby laundry because I figure thats probably the right amount of time I spend "touching" those items, buy gathering, washing, drying, folding and putting away.
happykidschildcare 01:26 PM 03-04-2011
ok guys Ive heard ya'll mention this before...What is an MMK?
care-care 01:39 PM 03-04-2011
minute menu kids software program . I believe if you are the food program they use it to track food. I downloaded it for tax info
Tags:mmk, tom copeland
Reply Up