Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB Nap And Drop Off Troubles
CityGarden 02:48 PM 04-21-2018
In need of advice...

Background:
dcb attends M/W/F initially 1/2 day with pick up after lunch but increased to pick up after nap time because dcm could not get him to nap at home and knew he needed the sleep. He was sleeping easily here at nap time. Dcb will be leaving to go to a large center based preschool and his last month with me is this June. Over Christmas break dcb was moved to a big boy bed and since then he has been showing signs of anxiety and low levels of aggression. We were working thru these but it was not an overnight fix.

Challenge Now - Really tough drop offs and refusing naps:
dcb was gone 2-weeks (sick one, Spring break the next). The whole energy of the group was better. DCB returned from Spring Break with more anxiety - now displaying separation anxiety at drop off and refusing nap time. DCM says he displays major separation anxiety if dcd takes him to bed or feeds him dinner and she is right in the next room, or if she runs an errand, etc. so it is not just here. What could be going on? What can I do?

I do not know what is going on with dcb. My care has not changed. I have no reason to believe he is being abused or neglected at home - in fact I think they overindulge dcb. I have wondered if some anxiety was related to his parents locking him inside his bedroom at night (as part of sleep training) but that could honestly have nothing to do with it I just know dcb is processing it because he brings it up a lot here.

The days he is here are the days I dread the most now.... it starts with his heart wrenching tears then no lunch break during nap so I can reset for after nap activities or for dismissal or lunch for myself.

Terming is not an option or needed because he is leaving mid-June anyway and I give one month notice really I can only reduce to 1/2 days starting May 1st. Do you think that would help dcb.... it is only a loss of $150 for me. Thoughts?
Tags:drop off issue, drop off issues
Up