Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Which Food Program is best?
AshyLou 06:42 PM 07-02-2013
I am having a hard time choosing a food program.. Anyone have any preferences for me? Experience to share? Good or bad.. I'm debating between PROVIDERS CHOICE, INC or CHILD CARE & NUTRITION, INC.

Thank you.
melilley 07:28 PM 07-02-2013
The food program is the same for everyone, it's the sponsors who are different. Sponsors are the people that you go through to be on the food program and every area has different sponsors. The only advice that I can give is to see which sponsor offers anything that would beneficial to you and/or your daycare. For instance, the sponsor that I go through offers training vouchers for money off of trainings in the county that the sponsor is in- if I have a perfect menu for the month, a prescription card, monthly newsletters, a huge discount on MMK, and a few other things. Another sponsor in my area offers similar incentives for joining with them. I just had to sit down and pick one and hope that she was nice...lol No matter which sponsor you choose, the reimbursement rates are the same so I guess it's a matter of what they offer if you go with them-which I haven't found much of a difference between the three sponsors in my area.
AmyKidsCo 03:31 PM 07-03-2013
What melilley said. If you know any providers in your area ask what sponsor they use and what they like/don't like about it. We have 2 main sponsors in our area. I chose the one run by our statewide NAEYC affiliate because I liked the idea that it was part of a large ECE organization.
Reply Up