Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Done Mother's Day Out Child Care?
DaycareMom2012 06:08 AM 07-01-2013
I am currently a full-time daycare. I am considering within the next year to go to just part-time 3-4 days a week or even a Mother's Day Out program 2 days a week from 8-5.
I am wondering if any of you have ever tried to do the Mother's Day out thing and how it worked out for you.
In my city there are a few churches that offer this program 2 days/week for about $20/day and are only open 9:30-2:30.
I figure I could offer this, but have a broader range of hours or even do it 3 days a week.
Lefse&Kids 09:24 AM 07-01-2013
ive heard of it but don't offer it. we have so many drop-in centers it would be hard to get full. its a great idea and I suppose if its popular in your area it might be worth it. advertise it on craigslist and let local churches know about it too. they could send you the parents they need to turn away if they fill up fast.
Blackcat31 09:40 AM 07-01-2013
I have also heard of this idea as well but have a few concerns....

I'd be afraid that most the clientele would be parents of sick kids who have been turned away from their regular care arrangements due to being ill and the parents doping and dropping with you for a one day thing....

There is no way you would know if a parent was doing this or not.

I'd also be concerned about parents not picking up on time or breaking policies and you not having any recourse because they aren't regulars....kwim?
DaycareMom2012 09:51 AM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have also heard of this idea as well but have a few concerns....

I'd be afraid that most the clientele would be parents of sick kids who have been turned away from their regular care arrangements due to being ill and the parents doping and dropping with you for a one day thing....

There is no way you would know if a parent was doing this or not.

I'd also be concerned about parents not picking up on time or breaking policies and you not having any recourse because they aren't regulars....kwim?

I see what you're saying I may have to think about that as well, the only thing I've really thought about is that there would probably be a high turn over rate (always loosing kids) since most clientel would probably be SAHM who just need a break and when they decide they can't afford it or whatever reason decide to stop coming.
Idk still a while a way, but I feel that if I want it to be a succesful program I wil need to start working out some quirks well ahead of time.
Reply Up